Ysp 2200 - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 590 Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is anyone else having issues trying to get your PS3 to bitstream the HD Audio components to the bar? When I do a manual setup, I do not have the option to check the HD Audio Bitstreams.

Thanks

JD

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 590 Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just discovered this thread. Is there discrete codes for choosing the HDMI inputs? I don't want to cycle through them with one button. I want to program my universal remote.
post #453 of 590 Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 AM

Yes, it has discrete codes for all inputs. Works great with my Harmony remote.
post #454 of 590 Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a Philips Prestigo and Philips doesn't have this soundbar in their database. The original remote doesn't have discrete buttons for the inputs. It has buttons to cycle.
post #455 of 590 Old 04-08-2012, 05:40 AM

How are you guys getting these units for mid 500-600?

I can't find such a deal, not from an authorized dealer at least. The low priced deals I did find all seem a bit shady, I would rather buy from an authorized dealer.

Buy is showing $799, BN showing $701, Amazon $799, ABT $799...

Yes, I found a couple on eBay for $620 but not from an authorized dealer. Tristatecamera has it at $609 but again, not authorized dealer.

I was considering the Sony 550 before bumping into this, and this seems like the superior unit. But I need it to start with a 5xx
post #456 of 590 Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlbrk View Post

No one? Any one?
post #457 of 590 Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:

I can't find such a deal, not from an authorized dealer at least. The low priced deals I did find all seem a bit shady, I would rather buy from an authorized dealer.

Yes, I found a couple on eBay for $620 but not from an authorized dealer. Tristatecamera has it at $609 but again, not authorized dealer.

I was considering the Sony 550 before bumping into this, and this seems like the superior unit. But I need it to start with a 5xx

I recently bought one from savinglots.com for $559+18 shipping- which was suggested by another member here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=ysp+2200

It's actually on the truck as I write this and should be delivered sometime in the next hour.
post #458 of 590 Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM

Looking into buying this soundbar. For those of you who have had it for awhile now, do you still like it? I'm going to be using it primarily for gaming and tv/movies. One thing I am concerned with is my bedroom is awkwardly designed. So there isn't a true center wall location due to a sliding door so the tv is mounted towards the left of that. The right wall has an opening that leads to the bathroom and no door. The other two walls are normal.

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #459 of 590 Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM

Having a problem getting my Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar functioning correctly on my UN55D8000.

I have a HDMI cable from my TV (HDMI #2 ARC) to my Yamaha-YSP-200 (OUT (ARC)) and then an HDMI cable that plugs from my soundbar (Input #1) to my Blu-Ray player.

I have sound and video when playing a Blu-Ray but when I play something via Smarthub (I do not have cable) I have video but no sound.

According to my YSP-2200 manual, to utilize ARC I have to turn the HDMI control function to 'on' but it still doesn't work. Is there a function similar on TV to enable ARC?
post #460 of 590 Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
^^^
Yes, you need to enable Anynet+ on the TV. Check your manual to see what other setting changes you may need such as directing audio to "external" and turning off TV speakers.
post #461 of 590 Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 PM

Anynet+ is enabled and when the YSP-2200 is on it disables the TV speakers and I can raise/lower volume with my TV remote. I still am not getting any sound though.

Been reading manuals on both the TV and Soundbar and I'm not having much luck.
post #462 of 590 Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Seems like all your connections and settings are correct and it should be working. Perhaps someone with a Samsung TV will stop by and be able to figure out the problem. In the meantime, you could connect a digital cable from the TV to the YSP2200 and get audio out that way.
post #463 of 590 Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 PM

Just got mine hooked up. So far after completing the auto calibration seems pretty good. I want to mess around with the manual calibration just to see what I can change but I forgot to hook up a video input to the tv and soundbar. Which raises one question I can't get to on screen menu through hdmi correct?

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #464 of 590 Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

Just got mine hooked up. So far after completing the auto calibration seems pretty good. I want to mess around with the manual calibration just to see what I can change but I forgot to hook up a video input to the tv and soundbar. Which raises one question I can't get to on screen menu through hdmi correct?

Rather annoying you cant do it via HDMI- you need to do it via the yellow video input lead supplied and swtich to that input on the tv
post #465 of 590 Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 AM

How do you get a directv remote to turn on the bar? I have the ir plugged in and the remote shuts it off. Just can't get it back on

EDIT: i'm add one more question. i have my htpc hooked up to the ysp, except its from my graphics card hdmi. my graphics card supported formats arent as nice as my mobo so i connected an optical cable from mobo to ysp. now when i select hdmi 1 for ysp, the pc visual shows, yet no sound. messing around with the ysp remote i found the optical on input 1. anyway to run video from hdmi and sound from optical? p

post #466 of 590 Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 AM

wiluven: I have a samsung as well. I am able to use smart hub w/o any issue. One thing: I have to have the setting on TV on the soundbar in order to get sound. Try that if you haven't already.

Dom
post #467 of 590 Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM

I have this sound projector, and love it except for the sub woofer. In A Sound and Vision magazine review of the ysp-2200 , the reviewer mention piggy backing an 12inch active sub to the system. What I would like to know is how would you connect it. Any help would be appreciated.
post #468 of 590 Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

How do you get a directv remote to turn on the bar? I have the ir plugged in and the remote shuts it off. Just can't get it back on

EDIT: i'm add one more question. i have my htpc hooked up to the ysp, except its from my graphics card hdmi. my graphics card supported formats arent as nice as my mobo so i connected an optical cable from mobo to ysp. now when i select hdmi 1 for ysp, the pc visual shows, yet no sound. messing around with the ysp remote i found the optical on input 1. anyway to run video from hdmi and sound from optical? p

Directv -If the television is HDMI CEC capable and your turn HDMI CEC on, for both the YSP-2200 and the televison, when you turn on the tv with the Directv remote, it should turn on the soundbar.

HTPC - you will have to connect the video out of the HTPC directly to the television. You cannot have 2 input sources at once on the YSP-2200.
post #469 of 590 Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:

I dont think bn.com is an authorized dealer.
post #470 of 590 Old 05-08-2012, 01:43 PM

BN.com has it for mid $500s right now!
post #471 of 590 Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooN77 View Post

BN.com has it for mid $500s right now!

Tax and shipping killed it for me. I already ordered from another company for less and it should be here tomorrow.
post #472 of 590 Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hififi View Post

Tax and shipping killed it for me. I already ordered from another company for less and it should be here tomorrow.

Shipping is ok, it's like $15 but the tax is $30 or so. I ended up using a 15% off coupon and my total came out to $515.36.
post #473 of 590 Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 AM

bn.com (barnes & noble) is a reputable company to purchase from.
They are not some fly by night company.
I have strong doubts they would sell grey market inventory.
post #474 of 590 Old 06-02-2012, 04:08 AM

If I connect a PC HDMI to on of the HDMI input on the soundbar, and connect the OPTICAL Audio output from the PC to one of the OPTICAL Audio inputs on the soundbar, I then connect the HDMI ARC output to my television. With this setup can I configure the soundbar to take the video from the HDMI input and the audio from the OPTICAL input and output both on the HDMI out?

I have read the manual and see that there is such an option but it states under "AUDIO SELECT (Audio select of HDMI input)":

"Switch the HDMI sound signal to Off when you want to playback the video from HDMI In jack and sound from AUDO INPUT jack", but this seems to suggest that the feature will only work with the ANALOG input, does it also work with one of the OPTICAL inputs as explained above?
post #475 of 590 Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpy36 View Post

If I connect a PC HDMI to on of the HDMI input on the soundbar, and connect the OPTICAL Audio output from the PC to one of the OPTICAL Audio inputs on the soundbar, I then connect the HDMI ARC output to my television. With this setup can I configure the soundbar to take the video from the HDMI input and the audio from the OPTICAL input and output both on the HDMI out?

I have read the manual and see that there is such an option but it states under "AUDIO SELECT (Audio select of HDMI input)":

"Switch the HDMI sound signal to Off when you want to playback the video from HDMI In jack and sound from AUDO INPUT jack", but this seems to suggest that the feature will only work with the ANALOG input, does it also work with one of the OPTICAL inputs as explained above?

Not sure what you're trying to do. HDMI carries both video and audio. Unless your PC is only outputting video, there's no need to connect optical audio to the bar in addition to HDMI.

As far as the quote from the manual, it seems similar to a feature of many AVRs where you can watch video from an HDMI source while listening to audio from a different (analog) source. Perhaps one of the YSP2200 owners will come by and confirm that's what the manual means. I don't own one so I'm just guessing a bit on this.
post #476 of 590 Old 06-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Not sure what you're trying to do. HDMI carries both video and audio.

This I know. There is no audio on the HDMI from the PC. It is similar to the issue some have asked regarding SKY HD which only sends 5.1 over the optical link and not the HDMI, so for that, the same question applies, i.e. whether this product allows you to tie the audio from one of the optical inputs to the HDMI inputs.
post #477 of 590 Old 06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is no audio on the HDMI from the PC.

I suspected that might be the case. Guess you can try connecting the optical and see what happens. Another option is connecting the PC's HDMI to the TV, with optical from the PC to soundbar.

Sorry I can't be more help on this particular soundbar. Hopefully an owner will come by to give better advice.
post #478 of 590 Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:

I might be completely misunderstanding you and the problem and the solutions offered above but PCs DO offer sound through the HDMI otherwise I would not be able to listen to my PC as I speak.....
Sky boxes might be different however as I do not own one.

As for your problem, isn't the solution simply on the PC or again am I missing something. Just go to the sound devices- right click on volume- and select a different sound device- i.e. make optical out as the default device. On the YSP2200 you are correct in selecting Optical as the input. I have done this in the past but: 1) it will break the HDCP copyright issues when playing bluray etc 2) HDMI can output 7.1, DTS master etc, whereas you are losing that with Toslink optical- 5.1. Of course the YSP2200 is not really 7.1, as it is a sound bar, but the improvements made over previous Yamahas is that it can deal with full output of Dolby, DTS which you will lose with usung optical input instead of HDMI

But again I am probably wrong as I am not sure what you are trying to do- if you are wanting to listen to you PC, why are you concerned with the the HDMI out- wouldn't you want to listen to it on sound bar, not the TV? Anyway, sorry if I have misunderstood your problem.
post #479 of 590 Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 AM

Sorry, just reread your post above Chirpy.
Strange that your PC HDMi carries no audio- does it have the latest drivers? I thought a requirement for HDMI was for it to carry sound?

If you can't get sound on your HDMI, then I would suggest what the other poster said- connect optical to sound bar, and HDMi to your TV as otherwise you will have HDCP issues which what I experienced when I did it on my PC/YSP2200
post #480 of 590 Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiluven View Post

I recently bought one from savinglots.com for $559+18 shipping- which was suggested by another member here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=ysp+2200

It's actually on the truck as I write this and should be delivered sometime in the next hour.

Hello just wondering how you are enjoying the ysp and how your experience with savinglots.com was would you recommend them as a good merchant to buy from? thanks for your input.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page