Ysp 2200 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 590 Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seriously, I've been looking several times daily for these and they are nowhere to be found. Please keep me posted if anyone finds a deal online from a reputable seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 590 Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Liked: 21
Have the 2200 set up in a sub-optimal room. (Why? Spousal constraints about wires and such. Sigh.) Anyway, we're just trying the setup, which includes a Panasonic 50VT25 out last night watching Mad Men season 1, and my wife at one point said, "Holy cow. Listen to that. It's like the sounds are really coming from off to the side somewhere."

We have for the last several years been using a Boston Acoustics TVee Model Two. It's good, but the YSP-2200, according to my non-audiophile but particular ear, is easily a couple solid notches clearer, cleaner, better. Pin-point highs and rich mids.

Also played a pile of hours of Call of Duty and other games on it. Soundstage feels nice and wide.

Wish I had a more optimal room.

Edit: by the way, HDMI 1.4 with 3D works as advertised. I did a basic audio test outputting PS3 audio directly to TV and to the YSP-2200, and they played simultaneously via TV speakers and YSP (as far as my ears could detect). I have not done thorough testing of video/audio sync, but it appears to be very tight, even with DSPs engaged. This is important, because I am (somewhat, but not fanatically) concerned about introducing latency into my display chain. More testing needed...

post #123 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 AM

$542 right now on buy.com. Just ordered mine. Hopefully it will process okay
post #124 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM

ABT has received at least two shipments, and they plan on receiving more as they are all selling out quickly. If you call them, you could probably get another 10% off if you talk to a salesman.

I love my ysp 2200 so far. I have a room that is not perfect for the beam effect, but I can still hear surround effects while watching bluray movies. Even regular HD cable sounds very clear and has a full sound field. I have only had it up to about 75% volume, and it was very loud with no distortion.

On the hardware side, the bar itself appears to be very well made. I thought the Sony and Boston Accoustics sound bars felt cheap, lightweight, plastic. The ysp has a solid casing with some weight behind it. The hdmi switching has worked well with no problems so far.

If anyone has any specific questions let me know.
post #125 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyKidd View Post
ABT has received at least two shipments, and they plan on receiving more as they are all selling out quickly. If you call them, you could probably get another 10% off if you talk to a salesman.

I love my ysp 2200 so far. I have a room that is not perfect for the beam effect, but I can still hear surround effects while watching bluray movies. Even regular HD cable sounds very clear and has a full sound field. I have only had it up to about 75% volume, and it was very loud with no distortion.

On the hardware side, the bar itself appears to be very well made. I thought the Sony and Boston Accoustics sound bars felt cheap, lightweight, plastic. The ysp has a solid casing with some weight behind it. The hdmi switching has worked well with no problems so far.

If anyone has any specific questions let me know.
On ABT's site they are still listed as out of stock (so I guess ya need to call) but the price is $799.00,, is that the call-in price as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by td2243 View Post
$542 right now on buy.com. Just ordered mine. Hopefully it will process okay
Hey "Td2243",,,, thanks much for posting Buy had them back in stock and at the 529.00 price no less

I just placed my order and paid a few extra bucks for the 2 day shipping,,,, already got the confirmation email from Buy.com.

Hope all goes OK with my order as well as yours.

Thanks again !!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #126 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 AM

One note of physical configuration.

I've got a Panny 50VT25 on a flat surface, and this set obscures the IR and 3D receivers; the foot adjustment range doesn't help. I've had to mount each foot (temporarily) on books in order to get the 2200 high enough to clear the obstruction. This works, but the 2200 has enough depth (about 6 inches) to it that it appears a little odd, especially with the added depth you need (2-3 inches) because cables are sticking out the back. In practice, this means that there's a hard constraint on the elevation the remote or eyeglasses in order to be visible in the 9 inch deep "slot" at the bottom.

Longer-term, I think I need to put the TV on risers or something.

post #127 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnewquist View Post

One note of physical configuration.

I've got a Panny 50VT25 on a flat surface, and this set obscures the IR and 3D receivers; the foot adjustment range doesn't help. I've had to mount each foot (temporarily) on books in order to get the 2200 high enough to clear the obstruction. This works, but the 2200 has enough depth (about 6 inches) to it that it appears a little odd, especially with the added depth you need (2-3 inches) because cables are sticking out the back. In practice, this means that there's a hard constraint on the elevation the remote or eyeglasses in order to be visible in the 9 inch deep "slot" at the bottom.

Longer-term, I think I need to put the TV on risers or something.

Personaly, I would go with the soundbar brackets and put the 2200 on top of your panel,,, thats what I intend on doing with my 65" S2 Pansonic plasma,,,, I already have these mounts and they do work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Soundbar-Brack...3554972&sr=8-1

Cheers
Davyo
post #128 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok,, money taken out of my bank account from Buy.com for the YSP-2200,,, so far, so good,,,,, lets see how that 2 day shipping works out.

Cheers
Davyo
post #129 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Yep, my order went through too. I did everything on my iPhone, so I skipped right passed the faster shipping option. It defaulted to 3-5 business days, so I might get it by Friday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday.
post #130 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Personaly, I would go with the soundbar brackets and put the 2200 on top of your panel,,, thats what I intend on doing with my 65" S2 Pansonic plasma,,,, I already have these mounts and they do work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Soundbar-Brack...3554972&sr=8-1

Cheers
Davyo

The 2200 is 5.7 inches deep, and the 50TV25 is only 3.6 inches deep, and your S2 is 4.2 inches deep. The brackets would seem therefore to bolt the 2200 such that it hangs over the TV by a couple/few inches, unless there's a way to offset the depth?

post #131 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Great deal on this, I've been contemplating whether to get it or not at that price, but I am perfectly satisfied with Aperion SS30 which is IMO the best single bar speaker available. Would be nice if someone could compare the two.

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
post #132 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnewquist View Post

The 2200 is 5.7 inches deep, and the 50TV25 is only 3.6 inches deep, and your S2 is 4.2 inches deep. The brackets would seem therefore to bolt the 2200 such that it hangs over the TV by a couple/few inches, unless there's a way to offset the depth?

Yes, the 2200 might hang just a bit over the front edge of my bezel,, but a quick fix for that would be to put some spacers on the brackets when bolting them to the back of a panel.

Cheers
Davyo
post #133 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM

I spoke to a few retailers up here in Canuckistan and it's not sounding good. None of them even have it as "coming soon" nor is the 2200 on the Canadian website. One retailer mentioned it may not be until March for a release of new products from Yamaha Canada.

The 4100 and 5100 are pretty $$$.
post #134 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:

On ABT's site they are still listed as out of stock (so I guess ya need to call) but the price is $799.00,, is that the call-in price as well?
Thanks again !!!

Cheers
Davyo

I was able to get an additional 10% off that price and paid 719. The buy.com price is amazing, but it sells out so fast. I need it to be in stock for ABT to price match.
post #135 of 590 Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I just placed my order and paid a few extra bucks for the 2 day shipping,,,, already got the confirmation email from Buy.com.
I'm glad you bit the bullet on this one, Davyo, instead of waiting on some monitor. I was surprised that the 2200 popped up on Google shopping at buy.com, and disappointed it is not available for order. At that price, I don't see how I could resist. Looking forward to a good comparo review. Thanks in advance.

KRP diem [kahr-pe dee-em] Latin. seize the KRP; enjoy the present, as opposed to placing all hope in the future.
post #136 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (W)KRP View Post

I'm glad you bit the bullet on this one, Davyo, instead of waiting on some monitor. I was surprised that the 2200 popped up on Google shopping at buy.com, and disappointed it is not available for order. At that price, I don't see how I could resist. Looking forward to a good comparo review. Thanks in advance.

The monitor comment was funny.

Yea,,, I'll be having the 2200 in a few days (if Buy.com delivers as promised) and will do the comparison on my existing JVC BA1 and also see how it compares to all my other 2 million soundbars I have had,, and also Im interested to see how the 2200 compares to my past YSP's.

Cheers
Davyo
post #137 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

how often does one have to check http://www.buy.com/prod/yamaha-ysp-2...218861712.html

every time i do its sold out ><<br />
anyhow I am hoping this shootout(Davyo) is a lopsided 1 team battle.
post #138 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:

and also see how it compares to all my other 2 million soundbars I have had

At least you don't have to walk into the store for this one ["Here comes sound bar guy!"] [...twice]

KRP diem [kahr-pe dee-em] Latin. seize the KRP; enjoy the present, as opposed to placing all hope in the future.
post #139 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlaw12002 View Post

how often does one have to check http://www.buy.com/prod/yamaha-ysp-2...218861712.html

Yea,,, ya got to keep checkin almost hourly to find one in stock I think.

Had it not been for "td2243" posting here that they were back in stock Im sure I would have missed out,,,, many thanks again TD.

Keep checking Amazon as well as I did see it listed in stock one time for $549.00,,, about a half hour after seeing it I decided to order it and it was gone again,,,,, it was pretty quick.

Yea,,, cant wait to test this baby out and see how it does against my much loved JVC BA1.

Quote:

At least you don't have to walk into the store for this one ["Here comes sound bar guy!"] [...twice]

Yea,,,, I do get nervous walking into store's to buy soundbars these days,,,, I keep thinkin the soundbar mafia will bury me out in the Las Vegas desert or drop me into Lake Mead,,,, if they dropped me into the lake, instead of using cement boots they could just weigh me down with all my return slips.

Cheers
Davyo
post #140 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Yea,,, ya got to keep checkin almost hourly to find one in stock I think.

Had it not been for "td2243" posting here that they were back in stock Im sure I would have missed out,,,, many thanks again TD.

Keep checking Amazon as well as I did see it listed in stock one time for $549.00,,, about a half hour after seeing it I decided to order it and it was gone again,,,,, it was pretty quick.

Yea,,, cant wait to test this baby out and see how it does against my much loved JVC BA1.

Yea,,,, I do get nervous walking into store's to buy soundbars these days,,,, I keep thinkin the soundbar mafia will bury me out in the Las Vegas desert or drop me into Lake Mead,,,, if they dropped me into the lake, instead of using cement boots they could just weigh me down with all my return slips.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo,

Can't wait to read your review on this, I'm torn between this and the JVC and I'm glad you had a link to that soundbar mount. Looks like I'll be spending some $$$ soon!
post #141 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM

I just placed an order. It went thru. I guess all is well. Thanks TD & Davyo.

JHT
post #142 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlaw12002 View Post

I just checked, 7:33 p.m. Eastern time and it is in stock! Go get some!!
post #143 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, just ordered one myself, $584 with 2-day shipping.

I'll be moving from an old Pioneer elite AVR (non-hdmi old) with a 3.1 config to the soundbar. Going to have to find a replacement for the FM radio, although I only really listen to my local NPR station so I can probably find a way to stream that through my XBMC box.
post #144 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

There now listed as out of stock on Buy.com.

For anyone wanting the 2200 it looks like ya really gota keep checking back on Buy almost hourly to catch them in stock.

Cheers
Davyo
post #145 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Just checked my tracking on the 2200,,,, it will get delivered to me on time (2 day shipping), Thurs 12/30.

Very much looking forward to playing with the new toy !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #146 of 590 Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
davyo.....i really REALLY hope this 2200 will be the BAR !!! given the huge dissapointment you had with the s400....and i hope that it will BLOW the jvc away
post #147 of 590 Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 AM

I had a chance to get in on the good deal this evening, but I wanted to wait for the mother of all reviews.

The good news is that this new YSP-2200 can handle both Blu-ray audio formats, but at the low price point and the possible issue of rear-mounted inputs/outputs extending the space needed for this soundbar several inches beyond the listed 5.71" depth (not to mention any additional depth needed for a wall-mount), I'm not sure that this is a better solution than less-deep models for folks with their flat-screens wall-mounted. Mine is only 3.75" deep. The dimensions of the 2200 are promoted as stand-mounted monitor friendly. Since there are probably no rear ports on the soundbar, it may not sound any different wall-mounted versus sitting in front of your stand-mounted monitor with several feet of air behind it. I'd like to know if that makes a difference.

post #148 of 590 Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post
davyo.....i really REALLY hope this 2200 will be the BAR !!! given the huge dissapointment you had with the s400....and i hope that it will BLOW the jvc away
Yep,, I do have high hopes for the 2200,,, but Im not getting my hopes to high in light of the Yamaha S400,,, that thing really kinda sucked,,, the S400 was a giant disapointment and that experience was in the back of my mind when I was ordering the 2200.

Just checked UPS tracking and the new toy is on the truck in transit to me, will have it this afternoon.

I just glanced over at my JVC, it has a worried look on its grill.

Quote:
I had a chance to get in on the good deal this evening, but I wanted to wait for the mother of all reviews
Was that reference for me

I will be posting my review late tonight with pictures of the 2200 set up next to the JVC and pics of my room.

My living room is very soundbar friendly so the 2200 will have no excuss's if it sucks.

When I demo the 2200 I will also try 2 mounting positions, above my TV and at the base of my TV,,, already got the manual downloaded onto my PC and have been reading it so Im all set.

I will post back later tonight.

Cheers
Davyo
post #149 of 590 Old 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@davyo

well a lot of people are waiting for the verdict!! RDV in a few hours than...
post #150 of 590 Old 12-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
When I demo the 2200 I will also try 2 mounting positions, above my TV and at the base of my TV,,, already got the manual downloaded onto my PC and have been reading it so Im all set.
Whoa.. you have downloaded and read the manual.. Davyo is getting really serious about this bar..
I remember from one of his last posting that he hates reading manuals and cluttered remotes

on a serious note, am looking fwd to the review..
although i have to say i am pretty much settled down on the 510 now after trying 2-3 bars..
the only thing that pisses me off is the lack on inputs on that bar....

anyways lets see how the yahama stacks up to the JVC...
And as J-Lo said Waiting For Tonight
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page