Stereo VS VSB200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older 2004 Sony stereo system hooked up to my TV, 2 speakers and a sub hooked up through red white av cables , but its big bulky and a pain to take to and from collage. I want to know if VSB200 less sub would sound equivalent to the sound system I have hooked up or should I just buy a new stereo to keep one in both places. I can buy a solid sub at a later date. I really just want to know how the sounds would compare thanks for any advice I apologize on not knowing the stereo model but its pushing 6 years old. its an HDTV with all the hookups i know that much i am also a gamer so that is important.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-11-2010, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Apparently the VSB200 has really good sound and suprisingly even sounds decent in the lower frequency range. Either way Id just buy a soundbar setup that already has a subwoofer included if thats what your gonna do anyways.. Pretty much any soundbar system will have very good sound.

Power - Denon AVR-E300
L/R
- JBL Studio 530
Center - JBL Studio 520C
Surrounds - JBL ES20
Sub - SVS PB-2000
Display - Samsung UN65H6350
post #3 of 8 Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 AM

Yeah, I bought the VSB200 and am extremely impressed w/ it. But, without a sub I dont think its lower frequency output will compare to your stereo w/ a sub ...

It would need a sub period, I think almost any speakers would.
To sound like a system that already has a sub.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

thank you
half the time the sub is turned off on it anyway as it bothers people on my floor in the dorms so the sound bar is perfect i guess. its also better for convince because were my stereo has to sit it projects the opposite direction compared to were i sit so this will sound better with the placement.
Looks like i am going to walmart this after noon thanks.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencedelta View Post

thank you
half the time the sub is turned off on it anyway as it bothers people on my floor in the dorms so the sound bar is perfect i guess. its also better for convince because were my stereo has to sit it projects the opposite direction compared to were i sit so this will sound better with the placement.
Looks like i am going to walmart this after noon thanks.

If you can get it at costco its $10 cheaper than walmart =)
post #6 of 8 Old 12-11-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks shame the closest is on the other side of the state cheaper just to buy at walmart then order on line lol
post #7 of 8 Old 12-14-2010, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

I have been playing with this for a few days and incase anyone is looking for the same question. this thing is amazing it has surpassed my sub stereo system sub-less it has a much smother sound and just sounds epic i can hear crickets in halo that were not there on my stereo. only weakness was rock band three seemed empty but regular music doesn't so I imagine it is just some settings adjustment so i give this thing just the sound bar solid 9.5 out of 10
post #8 of 8 Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 PM

We won't mention that the remote control is junk. The bar is GREAT - the remote was built by a blind, drug addicted alcoholic on a Friday!

ANYONE considering one should be aware that the remote is JUNK! Vizio replaced mine .................. three times ............ and they are all the same. Love the bar - hate the remote (stress stress stress). Being able to program universal remote to work is not a solution everyone may be able to accomplished. The JUNK REMOTE should do the job or VIZIO should damned well make one and replace all that do not work as described. Hopefully their products are not going to be junk now that their name is well accepted. If quality declines - I wish them a lousy 2011.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page