Place of soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I'm thinking of picking up an HT-CT350 but am not sure where it makes sense to place it. Unfortunately, the only room I have for my 46" LCD is above the fireplace which for me is as high up as I'd like it. If I place the soundbar below the TV, that will bump up the TV even higher. If I place it above the TV, it's way too high - sound will fly over my head. The other option is to get a 2.1 system that will keep the TV as low as possible - right, left speaker + sub. The only system that I could find that does this is the Cinemate (regular and GS models). I'm not sure this system can even handle more than one input - optical from PVR and another (maybe RCA?) at the same time for an iPhone/iPad. I don't think it has an input selector even. Any ideas on soundbar placement or a good 2.1 alternative? (left, right + sub)
Note: no place for rear speakers so would like to stick with a soundbar or 2.1
Thanks!
-Shaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafeen View Post

Hello,
I'm thinking of picking up an HT-CT350 but am not sure where it makes sense to place it. Unfortunately, the only room I have for my 46" LCD is above the fireplace which for me is as high up as I'd like it. If I place the soundbar below the TV, that will bump up the TV even higher. If I place it above the TV, it's way too high - sound will fly over my head. The other option is to get a 2.1 system that will keep the TV as low as possible - right, left speaker + sub. The only system that I could find that does this is the Cinemate (regular and GS models). I'm not sure this system can even handle more than one input - optical from PVR and another (maybe RCA?) at the same time for an iPhone/iPad. I don't think it has an input selector even. Any ideas on soundbar placement or a good 2.1 alternative? (left, right + sub)
Note: no place for rear speakers so would like to stick with a soundbar or 2.1
Thanks!
-Shaf

This might be the perfect system for you,, the new Onkyo,,, very much like the Bose Cinemate but a hell of a lot cheaper and Im sure a hell of a lot better.

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...ss=Systems&p=i

Cheers
Davyo
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Dang, Davy is allways coming up with something to pique my interest. That Onkyo does look extremely promising, plus a very good price on Amazon.

For the OP. There is no reason why you could no simply place the soundbar directly in front of te TV as long as it does not block the picture.

If by some chance you can do this but you block the TV's infrared receiver, you could either obtain an IR extender or possible go to the CT-150 which is about 10" narrower and would not block the IR receiver on most 46" TV's.

David Freeman
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page