Samsung LN52B750 & Sony HT-CT350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently own a Samsung LN52B750 LCD. I was considering buying the Sony HT-CT350 Sound Bar but I want to know if it will be compatible for my setup. My LCD has different picture setting for each input (Direct TV, PS3, PC). If I have to connect all three HDMI cables to the Sony HT-CT350 first, then connect only one HDMI cable between the HT-CT350 & LN52B750 how would I keep the individual picture setting I have set for each input without manually moving the HDMI cable on the back of the LCD every time I switch inputs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackerplus View Post

I currently own a Samsung LN52B750 LCD. I was considering buying the Sony HT-CT350 Sound Bar but I want to know if it will be compatible for my setup. My LCD has different picture setting for each input (Direct TV, PS3, PC). If I have to connect all three HDMI cables to the Sony HT-CT350 first, then connect only one HDMI cable between the HT-CT350 & LN52B750 how would I keep the individual picture setting I have set for each input without manually moving the HDMI cable on the back of the LCD every time I switch inputs?

The only way to have different picture settings for each input is to keep your components connected to your TV. You don't have to use the CT350 as the HDMI switcher.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

The only way to have different picture settings for each input is to keep your components connected to your TV. You don't have to use the CT350 as the HDMI switcher.

If you meant I can leave all three HDMI cables connected to the LCD then could I use the TV's Digital Audio out (optical) or the TV's Analog Audio out (red & white) to transfer the sound to the Sony sound bar? Which is better the optical or analog? Thanks for the help, I'm in over my head.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackerplus View Post

If you meant I can leave all three HDMI cables connected to the LCD then could I use the TV's Digital Audio out (optical) or the TV's Analog Audio out (red & white) to transfer the sound to the Sony sound bar? Which is better the optical or analog? Thanks for the help, I'm in over my head.

Yes, you could use either. RCAs (analog) will only give you 2 ch. stereo. The optical may or may not output 5.1 audio and this is an issue you'll run into with any soundbar, not just the Sony. Many TVs only output 2 ch. via optical from components connected to the TV with HDMI, however some TVs will output 5.1 from some or all components.

If you get the Sony you could first try just connecting optical from the TV to the CT350 and see what you're getting from each component. If you get 5.1 across the board, you're good to go. If not, there are options.

If you can't get 5.1 from the PS3, move it to connect directly to the CT and then connect HDMI from CT to the HDMI port you were using for the PS3. You'll still have your video setting and you'll have 5.1 audio direct to the CT.

If the other two components have optical out, you can run optical to the CT in addition to their HDMI connection to the TV. You'll need to change audio settings on those components to disable HDMI audio.

Obviously these options make using more than one remote necessary so you may want to add a Harmony to your budget.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thank You for the help. I will plan to connect the PS3 directly to the HT-CT350 using HDMI like you said. Disable the HDMI audio for the Direct TV HR23-700 and use the optical connection to the HT-CT350 instead. The Computer is connected with a DVI to HDMI cable so I will use the optical connection to the HT-CT350 as well. If this will work then I will have to purchase the Sony Sound-Bar

The LN52B750 manual reads

DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)
Connects to a Digital Audio component such as a Home theater receiver.
When a Digital Audio System is connected to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack: Decrease the volume of the TV
and adjust the volume level with the system’s volume control.

5.1CH audio is possible when the TV is connected to an external device supporting 5.1CH.

When the Home Theater receiver is set to On, you can hear sound output from the TV’s Optical jack. When the TV is
displaying a DTV(air) signal, the TV will send out 5.1 channel sound to the Home theater receiver. When the source is a
digital component such as a DVD / Blu-ray player / Cable Box / Satellite receiver (Set-Top Box) and is connected to the
TV via HDMI, only 2 channel sound will be heard from the Home Theater receiver. If you want to hear 5.1 channel audio,
connect the digital audio out jack on DVD / Blu-ray player / Cable Box / Satellite receiver (Set-Top Box) directly to an
Amplifier or Home Theater, not the TV.
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page