How to: Mount Vizio VSB210WS to your flat screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello

I don't post much and generally just use the forum as a resource but didn't see anything like this anywhere so i figured i'd make a quick how-to. I'll update this thread with pics later.

I recently purchased a Vizio VSB210WS sound bar and wanted to mount it above my TV. I live in an apartment and my walls are plaster so finding studs is tricky. Also if i wanted to re-arrange anything, wall mount would limit my options. So i decided to mount above my panasonic plasma using the existing plasma wall mount holes.

I found these ridiculously over priced things for $50 and thought to myself no friggn' way (http://soundbarbrackets.com/)

---------------------------------------------------

So I've done plenty of bracket building in my day and this seemed like a relatively easy project, so off to my local Home Depot for the following items:

1) 36" Steel Slotted Stock Plate (1 required 1 optional, see step 5)

2) Bolts to attach steel stock to TV Note that this is a stock picture, bolt at Home Depot is fully threaded and your bolt/length will vary by TV and also you can spruce your bracket up nicer with say a more expensive cap bolt if you want (you'll need 2)

3) M8 Washers (i used 6, which necessitated 2 bags of 4 washers a piece)

4) Bolts to attach Vizio Soundbar Bracket to steel stock (you'll need 2)

5) Nuts for Vizio/Bracket Bolts (only need 1 bag which has 2 nuts)

6) M10 washers (i used 4, which necessitated 2 bags of 3 washers a piece) These aren't coming up in Home Depot's site otherwise i would have provided a link

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Assembly:

1) Take your one piece of steel stock and cut it into two even 18" pieces

2) Unscrew vizio bracket and flip and re-attach to soundbar for "wall mount."

3) Attach vizio sound bar to each piece of steel stock using the following configuration:
- M8 Bolt, M8 washer, M10 washer --- then insert through bracket --- M10 washer --- then insert through steel stock --- M8 washer, M8 nut (i'll get a picture up for this later)

You'll need to do step 3 above twice for both brackets

4) Your soundbar should now be attached to each steel stock piece and ready to attach to TV. Insert bolt through steel stock, then M8 washer on TV side. Attach to TV so that soundbar is as close to top of TV as possible to show as little of bracket as possible (clean look)

5) (optional) Steel stock is relatively weak and you'll notice if you do as i say above the weight of the soundbar is bending the steel stock slightly however if you followed step 4 above it should be resting ever so slightly on the top of the TV and this won't matter. HOWEVER if you want, you can use your second piece of steel stock to attach as a support between the vizio brackets and you will have to cut to length.

------------------------------------------------------------

WALA, you are done and spent ~$12.00 with tax for a nice clean soundbar bracket that should sound better. Everything i read was to mount above TV and my fiance and i noticed a difference IMMEDIATELY. Let me know if you have questions, i'll get pics up at a later date.

Again i went really cheap; if you want you can always get some nicer cap bolts (which i gave you a link too), maybe find heavier/sturdier steel so your don't have swiss cheese steel stock but that's all up to you. From the front my method above looks/works fine. I plan to paint my steel stock black to match my panny plasma and MAYBE buy some cap bolts so it looks prettier.

Your Welcome in advance

EDIT: Link to pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
stw

Liked: 10
Thanks for the good writeup. Please do post pics when you get a chance.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Davyo posted this exact same solution several months back. I used this method for my JVC bar and it works like a champ.

Chicken Run is WAY ahead of Citizen Kane....alphabetically speaking of course!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodguy View Post

Davyo posted this exact same solution several months back. I used this method for my JVC bar and it works like a champ.

My bad, didn't find it, shrug. Link to flickr photo stream is now in first post. Flickr organizes by time stamp so they are a bit out of order, just look at the # of each picture and go from there. Let me know anyone has questions.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 AM

I made a Sound Bar mount for under 10.00 in parts. Used a 48" Rubbermade Wall Mount Shelf bracket and some (6) # 10 nuts and bolts. It mounts directly to the VESA mount supports and I cut the two ends off leaving a 29" support to mount to the Vesa Brackets and used the two end pieces to go to the wall mount brackets on the sound bar. I used 1" number 10 bolts (might want to use 1 1/4 for the Vesa mount). Simple, 2 cuts with a hacksaw, drilled 6 holes and done.

It's a 42" Vizio LED TV and Vizio VSB200 Soundbar (I added a Sub to it as well).

The wall mount is Monoprice Adjustable Tilting/Swiveling Wall Mount Bracket for LCD Plasma Corner Friendly (Max 110Lbs, 32~50inch) (Part number 4562). Great mount with ultimate flexibility.

A couple of other views:

Proper Sound and Video just makes life grand. Enjoy AVS forums for the information its community provides.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:18 PM

Liked: 14
Those are some great ideas guys, thanks for sharing. I may have to try that with my 42" Panasonic plasma as I have been thinking about getting a Vizio sound bar.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Worked for me, just mounted the Vizio vht510 on top of my 54g20. Bought a 48" steel stock since the panel is bigger. Cut it one 22 inches and left the remaining 26" for the other side.

The 22" one has to be that short because if it was longer it would interfer with the power cord going into the back of the panel on that side.

Unlike the poster above the steel stock postioned on the back panel has to be angled to meet up with the longer sound bar, no bending of the steel stock either because I think the bigger panel depth is more then what the above poster had on his set.

Works out great this way since the weight of the bar is barely resting right on top of the panel, a really clean look. No light between bar and the top edge of the set.

It's perfectly centered on top leaving 6 inches on each side of the soundbar where the top of the panel is.

I believe it sounds better to from coming above the set rather smack dab infront of the set, besides it was a pain turning the Tv on and off hitting the Tv's IR sensor.

Final cost: $12 bucks , took all of 10 minutes to install it.