Soundbar for 60" Sharp Aquos - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all...just purchased a 60" Sharp Aquos LCD (4 HDMI's) from Amazon...

What soundbar would work best with this? I keep reading about the SONY HT-CT150. Please advise and thank you in advance for help.

Oooo...also, what is the benefit of having HDMI inputs on soundbar vs not? I already have a Yamaha receiver but only has 2 HDMI's.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2011, 12:22 AM

Liked: 11
If you have a receiver already why not get a non-powered soundbar? There are many options available depending on your budget.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
HDMI on a soundbar (or receiver) allows the device to process all high end audio formats if the soundbar (or receiver) is capable. These capabilities vary by device.

A have a modest high end audio system that I use for music and a soundbar for video. My preference is for my devices to be connected to the television so that I may customize each video input for best picture. For instance, I use THX for Blu-Ray and DVD, one set of Custom settings for DVR, another set of Custom settings for PC and a third set of Custom settings for my wife's video camera. Finally I have another group of custom settings for digital photos. I then use either digital or analog outputs from each device to my soundbar for audio. My two primary components, Blu-Ray and DVR use optical which allows 5.1 audio. The remainder use 2-ch analog outputs from the TV as 2-ch is acceptable to me for anything from the PC or my wife's camcorder. No sound for my digital photos.

The CT-150 is a very good sounding unit and does have switching for up to three video components via HDMI. In such a system the only use for your Yamaha receiver would be as a possible tuner for the CT-150.

David Freeman
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page