Vizio VSB200 does not work with Dish Network 21.0 ir remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Love the sound bar and love the Dish 21.0 remote but unfortunately found that the Dish receiver supports 3 digit remote codes while the sound bar remote is either a 4 or 5 digit remote code. I found that even the LEARN function on the remote does not work after spending most of a day w/ Dish and Vizio's tech support and reading through tons of online forums.........it simply will not work. If anyone has come up with a solution to this problem, please feel free to post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
See if your Dish remote supports Sherwood receivers.

David Freeman
post #3 of 15 Old 08-13-2011, 12:53 PM

I just bought a vsb200 and wanted to control it with my 3 dish remotes, one is a 21.0 IR/UHF and two are 20.0 IR remotes. Having no code numbers I started with the standard scan for a code method on Aux 2 (for amps etc) and it gave me a working code of 833. I put that in my other 2 remotes and they are have full control of the 722 DVR. Hope this helps someone
post #4 of 15 Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I can also confirm...

622 DVR.. bought the 21.0 remote on ebay

AUX + 2 + 833 + # and my soundbar is working.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 AM

Just to clarify the input needed. == AUX + 2 + * + 833 + # If you go into the menu with your TV remote, you can disable the TV speakers. The Dish Remote will control the sound volume as well as the ON OFF of the Vizio Sound Bar. Good Luck
post #6 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 04:06 AM

I work for Dish and it will work with the 21.0 remote..

Hold Aux button until all buttons at top light up red, press 2 then enter 833 and push #.. The AUX button should blink red 3 times and test it. to turn volume up and down on sound bar push AUX and control volume dont forget to hit SAT to go back to operating your Dish Receiver
post #7 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 AM

I entered the key series on my 20.0IR remote and the light indicated programming worked. But the remote doesn't control the Vizio sound bar and now I can't control the volume on my 722 receiver. How do I go back to controlling the volume on the 722?
post #8 of 15 Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM

So you have a code that will it work with the 20.0 IR remote?
post #9 of 15 Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM

Press and hold the Aux button until all the buttons light up, once they all light up let go and the AUX keeps on blinking, Press 2833 then the # Then press the big red power button on the top of the remote to see if the sound bar turns off. If it does, then press the big red power button to turn the sound bar back on.

Now, if you put the remote back into SAT mode by pressing the button one time you should be able to change the channels on the Dish. The problem here is going to be when you attempt to use the volume either up or down because when you do the TV button will light up. Essentially the remote is trying to use the TV to control the volume. To fix that you'll need to perform the Aux Volume Override.

Press and hold the AUX button until all the buttons light up, let go and AUX keeps blinking,

Press #, Volume Up, Number 0, #

Once that is done you can put the remote back into SAT mode by pressing the SAT button just once. Try using the channel up or down to make sure the rcvr changes channels, then use the volume up or down.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 AM

NEED HELP! Just addd a Vizio VSB200 sound bar to my TV. I have Dish Network, and the # on the back of the remote is a 20.1
At first we had issues with some channels having sound while other channels did not have any sound at all. Called Dish and they instructed me to plug the optical cable into the back of the Dish reciever, instead of the tv, once I did that all channels now have sound. The remote would not work at all so while I had Dish on the phone they gave me codes to input trying to get the remote to work on all functions....they were unsuccessful. I used your instructions that you gave here to get the remote to work for changing channels and turning sound bar volume up/down and that all seems to be working fine...The problem now is I just can't turn the tv on/off with the remote now. Can you please help me? All I want is to be able to use the one Dish Network remote to make all the TV functions work...is that possible? Any info is greatly appreciated.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM

I added this same sound bar to my tv. I also have Dish Network.. had several issues...the first issue was some channels had sound, and some didn't after the sound bar was added. Called Dish and they instructed me to plug the optical cable into the back of the receiver instead of the tv...once I did that all stations had sound. The next problem was getting the Dish remote to work....finally got the remote to operate the sound bar as well as change channels, but not the remote will not power on/off the tv. I'm at my wits end on this thing!
My Dish remote does work the tv as far as changing channels and volumn, but that's it.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM

I did this same thing with mine....I have DishNetwork, and it does get the volumn and channel selector to work...but, the remote won't turn on/off the tv.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos XX Joe View Post

Press and hold the Aux button until all the buttons light up, once they all light up let go and the AUX keeps on blinking, Press 2833 then the # Then press the big red power button on the top of the remote to see if the sound bar turns off. If it does, then press the big red power button to turn the sound bar back on.

Now, if you put the remote back into SAT mode by pressing the button one time you should be able to change the channels on the Dish. The problem here is going to be when you attempt to use the volume either up or down because when you do the TV button will light up. Essentially the remote is trying to use the TV to control the volume. To fix that you'll need to perform the Aux Volume Override.

Press and hold the AUX button until all the buttons light up, let go and AUX keeps blinking,

Press #, Volume Up, Number 0, #

Once that is done you can put the remote back into SAT mode by pressing the SAT button just once. Try using the channel up or down to make sure the rcvr changes channels, then use the volume up or down.

I used the above info to program my Dish 21.0 remote to control my Vizio VSB200 Soundbar, AND it works fine with my new LG 42LA6200 tv set! It still turns the tv on and off, but runs the volume of the Soundbar like I want.

Thanks!
post #14 of 15 Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellemae2020 View Post

I did this same thing with mine....I have DishNetwork, and it does get the volumn and channel selector to work...but, the remote won't turn on/off the tv.

Ellemae2020 I know this has been frustrating for you. When the remote will not turn off the TV there are a couple of ways to get this resolved. There are a couple of ways to program the DISH remote to the TV. We have the Auto-Tune as well you can enter the TV model, Remote number to get the top codes. Here is the link for Auto-Tune: http://www.mydish.com/support/sat-auto-tune?WT.svl=gsearch_results
This is the link to enter the Remote number, the device you want to program to, and the maker of the device: http://www.mydish.com/support/apps/remotecodes.aspx?WT.svl=gsearch_results
Thanks
post #15 of 15 Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Thanks so much for the post. Less than 15 minutes just cured frustration with the tiny remote that came with sound bar smile.gif
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio Vsb200 Universal Hd Sound Bar
Gear in this thread - Vsb200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page