Davyo's soundbar room pictures, w/ Sharp 70" LED and Sony CT-350 bezel mounted - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So for fun I figured I would post some pictures of my video room.

My room is 13' wide by 26' long, walls on all sides and back, painted black with black-out curtains.

Sharp 70" LED (love my new 70 incher) and CT-350, speaker bar mounted on top of the Sharp's bezel with soundbar brackets used to keep it steady, velcro tabs on bracket arm's and the back of the CT-350 bar.

As many of you know the JVC BA1 has always been my top pick for a stand alone soundbar, how ever the JVC was just to big to mount on the top of my Sharp as far as looks go, so I picked up a CT-350 as I knew it would be a perfect fit and look.

I gota say I am more than happy with the CT-350 in this room, I had tried the CT's out in my old condo and the results were good but not great,,, in this new soundbar friendly room in my new place the CT-350 is nothing short of amazing !!!!!

I hate to say it but its sounding better than my JVC BA1 and the Polk 6000 I just tried out yesterday.

In this room the CT-350 is putting out a killer surround effect and I am truly basking in a very impressive sound bubble (all HDMI hook-ups, BD player set to bitstream).

What a difference a room makes with a soundbar,,,,, when I fired up the CT-350 in my new theater room my jaw hit the floor,,,, the 350 and the other CT's I checked out never sounded this amazing in the other places I have lived.

Ok,, enough of my rambling,, here's the pictures of my very soundbar friendly room.

CHeers
Davyo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
wow great...but you don't look like the SHARP guy ! You seemed like a PANASONIC person !
post #3 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM

Very nice setup. Like the blacked out theater look. I always thought I wanted a plasma for my next TV, but those 70"ers are tempting. Bring on the 80"!
post #4 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 08:59 AM

Liked: 10
Lookin' Good!

Davyo, where did you pick up the mounts for the bar or did you fabricate them yourself?
post #5 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Hey Davyo,

I am looking for a CT-350, yet the only one I can find is at the BB website for $400...

Is there a big difference in performance between the CT-150 and CT-350?
post #6 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit112
Lookin' Good!

Davyo, where did you pick up the mounts for the bar or did you fabricate them yourself?
Check soundbarbrackets.com

They sell for about $50
post #7 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Liked: 53
Davyo,

Looks good but I have to say your new room looks primed for a projector and traditional 5.1 system to maximize your HT experience
post #8 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM

davyo does not like 5.1 systems...
post #9 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM

@rg1234 it has been said various times the CT350 is superior sound quality wise to the ct150 because it has extra drivers...
post #10 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 PM

The carpet needs to be blacked out too.
post #11 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

wow great...but you don't look like the SHARP guy ! You seemed like a PANASONIC person !

Yep,, I loved my Panasonic 65 incher I just sold,,,, but I LOVE my Sharp 70 incher so much more !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit112 View Post

Lookin' Good!

Got mine on Amazon,,, but in the past I have fabricated my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg1234 View Post

Hey Davyo,

I am looking for a CT-350, yet the only one I can find is at the BB website for $400...

Is there a big difference in performance between the CT-150 and CT-350?

To get the deal on the CT-350 you have to go into the BB store in person and ask for it,,,, they are selling them for 269.99,,,, it ya want one hurry,, they are going fast, call to find which BB has them or if they are out I think you can order from BB online for the same price,,,, its just not on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

Davyo,

Looks good but I have to say your new room looks primed for a projector and traditional 5.1 system to maximize your HT experience

Yea,, projectors,,, I was a projector junkie for many years, my last one being the new'est Epson 8350, before that I owned so many projectors I cant even count or remember,,,, love projectors but I just got to where I didnt want to do projector's anymore,,,, in a big house with a "real" theater room then YES I would do a projector again, but for a med size condo/apt, not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

davyo does not like 5.1 systems...

Correct,,, I got addicted to soundbars after some visits to CES years ago and hearing and buying the first YSP-1,,, ever since then I have been on a mission to find the perfect soundbar,,,,,, and yes,, I hate running wires and lookng at speakers,,, I like the real stealth look and install.

And I hate the directional sound of a 5.1 system,,,, I would rather be in a sound bubble than hearing each specific sound coming from each speaker,,,, in the right room with the right soundbar, a soundbar to me will sound much better than a 5.1 system,,,,, the trick is getting the right soundbar for the room your going to use it in.

Cheers
Davyo
post #12 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneD View Post

Very nice setup. Like the blacked out theater look. I always thought I wanted a plasma for my next TV, but those 70"ers are tempting. Bring on the 80"!

Yea,,, I cant say enough good about the 70" Sharp,,, the picture is killer !!!!!!

Go go on Cleveland Plasma at the top of this page, a GREAT deal on the 7o incher,,way under 3K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneD View Post

The carpet needs to be blacked out too.

Yep,,, Im looking to put some black rugs down (its a rental so I cant re-carpet the room)

Cheers
Dvyo
post #13 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 PM

Davyo, nice set up....So the sharp rocks. Right on. Is that a powder coated stand? Really nice set up. Wheres the snackbar? I'm sure the CT350 sounds great in that room.
post #14 of 18 Old 06-03-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal hd View Post

Davyo, nice set up....So the sharp rocks. Right on. Is that a powder coated stand? Really nice set up. Wheres the snackbar? I'm sure the CT350 sounds great in that room.

Thanks,,, ya,, the Sharp looking GREAT !!!!!!,, and how can ya not be knocked out by a 70 inch picture size,,, BluRay on the Sharp is in a word,, stunning.

Yes, its a black powder coated stand,, the snack area is at the other end of the room,, a high top bar type table with tall chrome bar stools, the chrome stools and bar table look cool against the black walls.

And yea,, the Sony CT-350 sounds amazing in my little theater room, just the perfect wall locations to bounce the sound off of,,,,, I be very happy with the new 350.

Cheers
Davyo
post #15 of 18 Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Davyo!
I LOVE your new theater room...

but..

I just read Mitsubushi is coming out with a 92!! inch DLP.. WITH the infamous killer soundbar built in.

I dont know... This bad boy, with 1 terrific Subwoofer( HSU, SVS, Epik), in that great soundbar perfect black room, and you'd have a small IMAX theater in there:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ch_3D_DLP/7019
post #16 of 18 Old 06-03-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostylou View Post

Davyo!
I LOVE your new theater room...

but..

I just read Mitsubushi is coming out with a 92!! inch DLP.. WITH the infamous killer soundbar built in.

I dont know... This bad boy, with 1 terrific Subwoofer( HSU, SVS, Epik), in that great soundbar perfect black room, and you'd have a small IMAX theater in there:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ch_3D_DLP/7019

Hey Frosty

Glad you love the new room and thanks for saying so.

Geeze,,, a 92" DLP,,, I would hate to have to move that

Im not a fan of DLP so I wont be tempted to get it.

Too bad other TV makers dont do sound as well as the Unisen by Mits and too bad that the biggest Unisen flat panel is only 55 inches and too bad Mits does not sell a stand alone soundbar equal to the one thats in the Unisen TV's,,,, thats alot of "too bads" huh

Cheers
Davyo
post #17 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 05:19 PM

The room looks great, is mounting the bar above the tv for appearance or do you feel that the level of the bar improves the quality of sound in that room?
post #18 of 18 Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlaw12002 View Post

The room looks great, is mounting the bar above the tv for appearance or do you feel that the level of the bar improves the quality of sound in that room?

For looks and also because it does improve the sound of the bar.

Mounting a soundbar at ear level or above ALWAYS improves the sound.

Cheers
Davyo
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page