Looking for a Sound bar?..? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2011, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really like the surround sound without the all the wires. These soundbars are cool.

Looking for, automated calibration with device comparable to Yamaha's Intellibeam tech. Guys, I dont really want to go beyond a soundbar.

Looking for an array of latest or current audio codec.

Looking for a HDMI unit if possible, I suppose that goes hand in hand with hdmi.

Any input and lots of suggestions would be great? What competes with YSP-2200?

Couldnt find anything on the Haier but you tube. Hows Infinity/ and Harmon Kardon? I dont really think I am interested in Bose, although I have heard they have auto calibration with multiple seating positions around the room. Dont know what system..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal hd View Post

I really like the surround sound without the all the wires. These soundbars are cool.

Looking for, automated calibration with device comparable to Yamaha's Intellibeam tech. Guys, I dont really want to go beyond a soundbar.

Looking for an array of latest or current audio codec.

Looking for a HDMI unit if possible, I suppose that goes hand in hand with hdmi.

Any input and lots of suggestions would be great? What competes with YSP-2200?

Couldnt find anything on the Haier but you tube. Hows Infinity/ and Harmon Kardon? I dont really think I am interested in Bose, although I have heard they have auto calibration with multiple seating positions around the room. Dont know what system..

The only Bose systems that have calibration is their 5.1 systems (lots of speakers and wires and very expensive).

The only thing that compare's with the Yamaha YSP 2200 is all the other Yamaha YSP's,,,, as far as I know the only soundbars that have every thing you looking for in features are the YSP's,,,, the YSP-3050 might be a good one to check out.

But just as important as your soundbar choice is the shape as size of the room you want to use a soundbar in,, room shape and size will make or break any soundbar.

If your in need of a 55" or under LED TV the Mitsubishi Unisen flat panels have THE VERY BEST SOUNDBAR EVER CREATED built into the TV and the 55" Mits is under 2K as I recall,, you get a killer soundbar and a 55" panel all in one system.

With the Mits Unisen panel you have on-screen menu's that enable you to aim the sound beams all over the room to fit your room shape (its a very cool feature) and the sound that come out of that TV is off the hook,, it even has a sub output.

Cheers
Davyo
post #3 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Yeah the next generations of sound bars should have some calibration functions. That's one of the reasons I was so interested in the old JVC BA3. From the looks of the manual you could at least dial in the distance of each speaker from the listening area to aid your setup. That's better than nothing to give you a head start in tweaking your sound.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
norcal..you have test various good soundbars.....the only thing that can beat the ysp 2200...is like davyo said another ysp...maybe the 5100...with an external sub.
The other bar would be PANORAMA B&W....
after that...there is no other option i can see
post #5 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I have had a couple soundbars in my life and while I like them a lot in rooms where I do not want wires...surround sound they don't have! At best, the appearence that some of the sound isn't coming from directly in front of me, but nothing like my surround sound system!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #6 of 8 Old 06-04-2011, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Davyo, or anyone in the know. What sound bar will fit the characteristics above that have 6.1 and 7.1 audio?
post #7 of 8 Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post

I have had a couple soundbars in my life and while I like them a lot in rooms where I do not want wires...surround sound they don't have! At best, the appearence that some of the sound isn't coming from directly in front of me, but nothing like my surround sound system!

I would have to respectfully disagree,,,, soundbars are very dependant on room shapes and size, source's and which soundbar you are using.

A soundbar can sound as good as a 5.1 surround system if the soundbar is set up correctly in a room that is soundbar friendly.

I have owned and demoed more soundbars than I can even remeber over the years and some of those soundbars have givin me some very convincing surround sound.

Currently I have a Sony CT-350 that is sounding so good with its surround effect that it is shocking.

6 months ago I tried the Sony CT-350 in a different condo I was living in, the difference between that CT-350 and my current CT-350 is night and day even though its the same bar,,, what changed everything was that I am now in a more soundbar friendly room.

I can honestly say the surround effect I am getting from my CT-350 is quite impressive to say the least.

Cheers
Davyo
post #8 of 8 Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

cool beans...6.1 will work on the Yamaha without a doubt!
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page