Samsung HW-D550 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, i just bought the Samsung HW-D550 to go with my Sony KDL52Z5100. I'm having trouble getting the ARC to work with my tv. I have the following set up, Verizon Cable Box, PS3 and the TV. Currently both the cable box and PS3 are connected to the tv via HDMI. If i'm reading the instructions correctly i need to connect these to the sound bar through A to C HDMI (which i've ordered) and then the sound bar to the TV.

Is there any thing else i need to do in order to get the sound to work for the TV? My understanding was that the ARC ability on the TV and Sound bar should pass the sound from the TV directly to the sound bar. Specifically I'd like to get Pandora, Netfilx, etc that i use through the tv alone to play through the sound bar. Do i need to add an optical cable as well?

thanks for the help and sorry if this is a dumb question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey in TX View Post

Hey all, i just bought the Samsung HW-D550 to go with my Sony KDL52Z5100. I'm having trouble getting the ARC to work with my tv. I have the following set up, Verizon Cable Box, PS3 and the TV. Currently both the cable box and PS3 are connected to the tv via HDMI. If i'm reading the instructions correctly i need to connect these to the sound bar through A to C HDMI (which i've ordered) and then the sound bar to the TV.

Is there any thing else i need to do in order to get the sound to work for the TV? My understanding was that the ARC ability on the TV and Sound bar should pass the sound from the TV directly to the sound bar. Specifically I'd like to get Pandora, Netfilx, etc that i use through the tv alone to play through the sound bar. Do i need to add an optical cable as well?

thanks for the help and sorry if this is a dumb question

I took a quick look at the soundbar specs. Just connect the cable box and PS3 to the soundbar via HDMI. Use HDMI v1.4 from the soundbar to the TV's ARC port. Check the soundbar manual to see if you need to change a setting to enable ARC. You may also need to change the TV's speaker setting to home theater (or whatever it's called on the Sony). Audio from the net apps should go to the soundbar with that setup. Optical cable not needed.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the help! I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page