Vizio VHT510 Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The manuals/Vizio web site aren't all that special as far as helping with little questions here and there!

My question though is about receiving a Dolby 5.1 signal.

When I played Star Trek (the blu ray defaults to Dolby 5.1), the Vizio LED doesn't light up for Dolby. On page 16 of the 510 manual it says it'll light up blue under position 1 for Dolby, orange under position 1 for DTS; Position 2 will be blue if it's SRS, etc. Mine is only lighting up blue/orange under position 2, nothing's lighting on position 1.

Why isn't mine detecting Dolby or DTS?

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using RCA cables until my TOSlink cable comes in the mail. Could that be my problem? The quick-start guide says that Optical is the best quality, and analog is "good"--do you have to have optical to receive a Dolby signal?

As it is, the sound was pretty good but I really want Dolby 5.1!!

Thanks for any help... I can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
^^^
RCA cables ONLY send 2 ch. stereo.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM

Liked: 12
The manual should have mentioned that

The consumer electronics industry should provide more information about digital audio technology including its usage, quality and enjoyment. The average consumers nowadays most likely have 10 times more knowledge on video than what they know about audio. For example, in a recent survey, 43 percent of consumers consider FM radio to provide superior sound quality while a similar number (46 percent) consider the audio from their HDTV sets to be high quality
post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks, that's about what I figured but not really sure!

The other thing that I can't seem to find out though...

The manual talks about 3 positions of the LEDs. It says that if DTS/Dolby are detected, the LEDs will light up in Position 1.

I'm assuming that Position 1 is underneath the DTS/Dolby logo? But nothing seems to come on under that. I have my optical cable now, and still nothing.

What I have are, from L to R, a blue light, blue light, orange light. I think that the orange light is the power light/subwoofer linked light. So basically it sounds like the DST light isn't coming on for some reason.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashingdoors View Post

Thanks, that's about what I figured but not really sure!

The other thing that I can't seem to find out though...

The manual talks about 3 positions of the LEDs. It says that if DTS/Dolby are detected, the LEDs will light up in Position 1.

I'm assuming that Position 1 is underneath the DTS/Dolby logo? But nothing seems to come on under that. I have my optical cable now, and still nothing.

What I have are, from L to R, a blue light, blue light, orange light. I think that the orange light is the power light/subwoofer linked light. So basically it sounds like the DST light isn't coming on for some reason.

Did you double check ALL the audio settings on your BluRay player ?

Cheers
Davyo
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page