New Vizio VHT215 now up Sams Club site (link here) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just noticed the long waited for Vizio VHT215 is now up on Sams Club website.
Cheers
Davyo

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...questid=211132
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 AM

Liked: 10
Hmmm, I don't really care for the looks so much. The new Vizio logo is quite distracting and ugly. Branding is everything though.

I'm excited to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this new set. Pretty decent starting price for a new model line.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemer21 View Post

Hmmm, I don't really care for the looks so much. The new Vizio logo is quite distracting and ugly. Branding is everything though.

I'm excited to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this new set. Pretty decent starting price for a new model line.

Well everyone has different taste,,, I am impressed with the looks of the new Vizio. and did not even really notice the Vizio logo,,, overall I think the sub and the bar are both very attractive.

Cheers
Davyo
Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Anyone have an idea when available? Once posted on site, how long before it hits stores?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 PM

The Vizio VHT215 was on sale and in stock today at the Sam's Club store in Slidell, La for $249.87. I assume it should be on sale in most Sam's stores soon.

Davyo, we need a review.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouret View Post

The Vizio VHT215 was on sale and in stock today at the Sam's Club store in Slidell, La for $249.87. I assume it should be on sale in most Sam's stores soon.

Davyo, we need a review.

Very funny

Cheers
Davyo
Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Wow, i have forgotten I had an account here at AVS

I read a lot, i mean A LOT about soundbars (especially your posts Davyo), and this Vizio sounds interesting (i was even ready to buy the last model even if leds stop working ).

Bad point : I live in Canada.
Good point : I'm going to Maine in vacation in september and it seems Sam's club near Portland (ME) has stock for this Vizio. Even if i need to pay some fee to be a member, i think i'm going to be tempted...

I hope someone will be able to test it before i go on vacation
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 PM

I got this earlier this week, and I love it so far. It's my first soundbar, so I can't compare sound quality to others. But first of all, it's really THIN! As thin as my TV, and very different from the other vizio soundbar I looked at. I think it looks great, and looks far more expensive than it is ast $250 (I think it looks better than others at $400). Also, it's got a small alpha-numeric display that shows volume, mode, etc. I like it. And the sound is FANTASTIC, especially coming from a thin bar. And love that BASS from the subwoofer! It's got HDMI input, along with optical and RCA. I plugged in my iPod thru the RCA, and it also kicks. In the future, I hope vizio puts in bluetooth, but at this price, it's a winner! I also heard it's designed by a japanese audio company. Anyone know who?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:25 PM

Will there be an option to buy this sound bar elseware?

I have a Costco membership but no Sams!

Second qusetion, I have a 50" Panny, from what I measure the sound bar will cover up my remote I.R. Whats a good way to deal with that? RF remote?

Thanks

Jay
Old 09-08-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay427 View Post

Will there be an option to buy this sound bar elseware?

I have a Costco membership but no Sams!

Second qusetion, I have a 50" Panny, from what I measure the sound bar will cover up my remote I.R. Whats a good way to deal with that? RF remote?

Thanks

Jay

Im 100% sure Costco will be selling the new Vizio bar, if they arent already.

Call your local Sams though as many times they dont list on their website what they have in stock.

Cheers
Davyo
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
You can set up a guest membership on Sams for buying online but you pay a 10% premium (I think). If you'll only be buying this one device, its cheaper to pay the penalty than get a membership.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 View Post

You can set up a guest membership on Sams for buying online but you pay a 10% premium (I think). If you'll only be buying this one device, its cheaper to pay the penalty than get a membership.

They just had a free day about a month ago!!

I can wait it out, I have been looking at a Onkyo HTX-22HDX as well, just not sure the bar is going to work out in from of my TV. Need to get the old tape measure out!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 View Post

You can download a Sam's Club one-day pass here. No 10% penalty in California, South Carolina, or Elmsford, NY.

I'm thinking of getting this primarily because it has a digital coaxial S/PDIF input that will connect directly to my Philips flatscreen without having to deal with HDMI passthrough. Digital optical inputs seems more common in soundbars, even on Vizio's other models, but this one fortunately has both (in addition to 2 HDMI & an analog 3.5mm input). Anyone know of any other comparable soundbars on the market in this price range with a digital coaxial input? The only other I've found is the Philips HSB2313A - I tried two of them and the subwoofers hummed like a Harley (one started after a day, the other after 29 days, just in time to return).
Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyt View Post

Anyone know of any other comparable soundbars on the market in this price range with a digital coaxial input?

The new Sony CT550W has both digital coax & digital optical, as did last year's CT150 & CT350 models.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

The new Sony CT550W has both digital coax & digital optical, as did last year's CT150 & CT350 models.

Thanks, Possumgirl. I saw that input on the Sony CT550W, but passed over it because the owner's manual showed it as labeled "Digital Coax Video In" and thought it was something else. (See pages 19 & 26.) But you must be right, per the DVD audio out connection shown on page 18. Seems it should have been labled "Digital Coax Audio In," or maybe there's more to that connection than I understand.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyt View Post

Thanks, Possumgirl. I saw that input on the Sony CT550W, but passed over it because the owner's manual showed it as labeled "Digital Coax Video In" and thought it was something else. (See pages 19 & 26.) But you must be right, per the DVD audio out connection shown on page 18. Seems it should have been labled "Digital Coax Audio In," or maybe there's more to that connection than I understand.

Oh, I can see where that does look confusing. What it actually means is that in order to listen to the audio for something connected to that input, you have to press the "video" button on the remote.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Has anyone seen the VHT215 anywhere besides Sams? I would prefer buying at COSTCO but have not seen it yet. It lloks as if Sams and Vizio website are the only 2 places to purchase this soundbar. Are they waiting for the holidays to distribute this to other stores?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM

VHT215 is available on Amazon now for $259, but I think I'm going to wait for the VHT520 and try both to see which one better fits my room.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydude411 View Post

VHT215 is available on Amazon now for $259, but I think I'm going to wait for the VHT520 and try both to see which one better fits my room.

Last I read was the VHT520 had been delayed or even cancelled,,,, you might want to contact Vizio to see about the VHT520.

Cheers
Davyo
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone know or able to find the total power output of this system?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Has anyone heard this soundbar yet? I am real interested in it, but would like to hear some first hand results.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Also waiting to see someone's review of the VHT215. My wife (and I) can't take the built-in cr*p speakers. Tired of asking "what did they say". Would really like the VHT520 but just can't wait. Can't get an email reply from Vizio on if they are ever going to release them. Did the 210 have a decent center speaker adjustment for dialogue.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Hey guys I bought this soundbar not to long ago from sans, this is my first soundbar, actually my first actual piece of aftermarket audio equipment..so I'm really new to this but so far I love it, only have one problem with it...on some movies I'm getting an fmt error, any idea on what that is? And how to fix it thanks guys
Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 AM

The Vizio VHT215 is the best in its price range, and beat out a few that are a couple of hundred dollars more!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM

And what backs that up?
Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 AM

Is there a reason why it doesn't list the power handling? I can't find any power rating anywhere, how many watts?

Also, I've always heard good things about Boston Acoustics, and have been looking at this:

http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acousti...=3VL6W0SYY10I2

I am what I am and I do what I do
Puff madd lye, catch wreck with my crew
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 AM

NewEgg.com has the Onkyo 5.1 system for $294. If ONLY I didn't have to run wires to the 2 rear speakers, I go with it over the Vizio, especially considering what you get for the price! You can always leave the rear speakers unconnected too. Any thoughts anyone - as I just got a new Samsung 8000 plasma 64" and ready to upgrade sound. (Also, used to live in Slidell at 802 Pearl St. in the subdivision over there across the interstate).
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM

I've decided to pull the plug on the Vizio 215. Have a lot to do in the next week so will pick up one from Sams about the 11th. With a review shortly thereafter. My main drive is to improve dialogue. If not satisfied will return and go with a yet to be name 5.1 system. As mention before cannot take those tv speakers anymore .
(BTW pavlograd not far from your old home town. Right down the road in Lacombe.)
Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 PM

RageKZ: Re power, best I can do is tell you input power.
Soundbar: 24 VDC 2.7 A
Sub: 120 VAC 210 mA
Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I picked up the VHT215 last week and tried it out at home,,, I gota say I was pretty impressed with it overall and the sound as well.

Reason I did not keep it is I really need the HDMI connectivity of my current Sony CT350 (having the HDMI inputs on the bar itself is a problem due to the way I have everything set up) and also I was wondering if it would blow away my Sony.

Well it didnt blow away my Sony but it sounded really really good, perhaps a small tad better than the Sony but not by much.

Anyhow,,, bottom line,, I was very impressed with the Vizio VHT215, great sound, really good surround effect and a nice easy to read display,,,, I dont think anyone would be uphappy with the VHT215.

For what its worth/// The Polk 6000 still is my favorite soundbar for "sound only" even though I no longer own it.

Cheers
Davyo

Tags
Vizio Vht215