The Official BIC America Formula FH56-BAR Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 190 Old 01-16-2016, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
^ Can't anyone answer this question ?????

Rob43
I would just contact Sony and get a replacement mic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 01-16-2016, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
I would just contact Sony and get a replacement mic.
This of course doesn't really help or answer the question.

Is the level adjustment from speaker to speaker "only" a volume change, or is there some type of crossover point being adjusted from speaker to speaker ?

Rob43
post #183 of 190 Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm seriously considering getting the FH56 + PL200 combo for our bedroom. I have an Onkyo TX-NR609 AVR collecting dust right now which should drive that sound bar perfectly...

60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

post #184 of 190 Old 08-18-2016, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How many amps required for good sound?

I am setting this soundbar up for my parents so they can hear dialog better. How powerful of an amplifier would run this well?
I have a Yamaha RX-V379BL that I was considering giving to them or was considering buying them a Yamaha RX-V381BL. Here are the specs for the 379, would that work well?

Amplifier Section
Channel 5.1
Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 130 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
post #185 of 190 Old 10-07-2016, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought one of these speakers. The only problem is that it will be in an enclosed space(no choice) with about 1 inch on each side. Do you think it would be best to just hook it up for 3 channel and skip the surround?
post #186 of 190 Old 10-13-2016, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
I just bought one of these speakers. The only problem is that it will be in an enclosed space(no choice) with about 1 inch on each side. Do you think it would be best to just hook it up for 3 channel and skip the surround?
That won't work. The L/R terminals are also connected to the DVC side speakers which will negatively affect sound quality if placed in an enclosed space. The same goes for the person that posted with this speaker between two bookshelves much earlier in the thread.
I just received this speaker yesterday with an F12 subwoofer and it's pretty great. Very musical. Haven't done much testing to this point.

Also, it would seem the mounting brackets are about 1" off to mount on standard 16" on-Center studs (it either measured at 31" or 33", I don't recall off hand) so I am not sure how I am going to mount it now. This is replacing 3 TriTrix DIY builds that I've been using the last 6 or 7 years as I wanted more space the living room.

Anybody run into issues mounting this on studs?
post #187 of 190 Old 11-30-2016, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deagle50ae View Post
That won't work. The L/R terminals are also connected to the DVC side speakers which will negatively affect sound quality if placed in an enclosed space. The same goes for the person that posted with this speaker between two bookshelves much earlier in the thread.
I just received this speaker yesterday with an F12 subwoofer and it's pretty great. Very musical. Haven't done much testing to this point.

Also, it would seem the mounting brackets are about 1" off to mount on standard 16" on-Center studs (it either measured at 31" or 33", I don't recall off hand) so I am not sure how I am going to mount it now. This is replacing 3 TriTrix DIY builds that I've been using the last 6 or 7 years as I wanted more space the living room.

Anybody run into issues mounting this on studs?
I just used a 1x2" and connected to both studs and drilled screws into the 1x2" -- it has held for 3 years fine.

Denon x4300h // Klipsch RF-7ii // RC-64ii // RP-160M
Sonance VP62R (Atmos x4) // HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP // P602ui-B3
Samsung UBD-K8500 // Panamax M-5300-PM // FireTV & Switch!
post #188 of 190 Old 12-05-2016, 04:55 AM

Hi guys,

I am a long time BIC guy. I put a 49in Tv in my bedroom and want to up the sound. I am using an old Creative lab system now. I don't have the extra space on the way for a true 3.1 system with dealing with the wife acceptance factor. I have read all the posts here about the bar and am very curious to try it.

Have any of you guys though of using the bi-amping feature on receiver and have the same content come out the front L and Front R and side speakers to increase the sound stage? I would think it might trick the room correction maybe?

Or do you think the speaker separation is adequate? I am not a sound snob either just love to tinker with things. I plan on using the fh6-c and and maybe a Dayton 8 or 10 to complete the system. The room is only 16 x 12.

Thanks for the look guys any suggestions would be appreciated,

Mike
post #189 of 190 Old 02-01-2017, 07:36 AM

Hello.

I recently replaced my 7 year old 65 inch Panasonic plasma tv with a new Samsung un65ks8000fxza. Loved the Panny, but had a family member who needed a new tv and could not afford one, so I decided I would get something new and give him the old one. With that change, it got me thinking about changing up my speakers a bit as well.

My current setup is 7.1 and I have the Mirage NanoSat speakers for the sides and surrounds and a Mirage center as well, which you can see the fronts and center. I used to have the fronts on stands, but the only place I could put them was too wide and really made it difficult to get good sound out of them, so I moved the fronts to the stand. While improved, it almost highlights the weaknesses in these speakers. While the speakers are very clear sounding, they have no middle or lows, and the recent changes had me searching and I found the BIC sound bar.

I would still be keeping the 7.1 setup and would probably keep the mirages for all of the surrounds for the time being and use this as LCR. The lower shelf where my speakers currently are is 71 inches wide and the speaker is 42. I would want to center it on this stand leaving about 14.5 inches on either side. With the cabinet on the right hand side of the stand, will this cause unwanted reflection or distortion for this setup since part of left and right are side firing? Or is the distance that I will have enough to make it sound ok. If it would be a problem, any recommendation on other LCR type speakers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1936217  
post #190 of 190 Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Hi,

I was able to pick one of these up for a mere $100.00 used locally. I am using it strictly as a LCR. My audyssey is wanting to set the crossover at 150hz and 120hz.

I manually adjusted the L, C, R down to 80hz. My question is this normal? I do not hear much separation. I borrowed my d62si and dv62 lcr from downstairs with sounded great in the bedroom but was unsightly because of space requirements. The Bar now is setting under my 49" Sony.

I appreciate your comments.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page