Boston Acoustics TVee Model 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard this soundbar?

I am interested in it for my living room. I have a 47" Vizio LCD TV and I am lazy and don't want to fool with running wires all over my house to have decent sound. I had previously thought about getting one of the Vizio soundbars, but if this setup is more along the lines of sonic nirvana then I'd rather go with it.

The TVee model 30 seems to have great specs. It has larger woofers than most soundbars and even the sub is a 7". I like the fact that it has a center channel + left and right.

Here are the specs:

System Power
300 watts Peak
Soundbar
Triple 3-1/2" FCCM Woofers and Triple 3/4" Tweeters
Subwoofer
7" Woofer
Dimensions (HxWxD)
Soundbar 5-3/4 x 38-1/16 x 3-3/16" (146 x 966 x 80mm)
Subwoofer 14-3/8 x 6-5/16 x 15-9/16" (364 x 160 x 395mm

So, anyone heard this bar? Thoughts, opinions, other suggestions for $600 or less?

LINK: http://www.bostonacoustics.com/TVee-Model-30-P763.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hi man looks like a very good piece; but you seem to not have looked around for reviews; thank god we are here to help

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...del-30-review/

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Bo...Soundbar.shtml

now you can make up your mind
post #3 of 10 Old 08-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbuyerquestions View Post

other suggestions for $600 or less?

Check out the Vizio210WS very good review and only 229.99 @ costco
I'm new here can't post the link. It's on digitaltrends.com/home-theater-system-reviews/vizio-vsb210ws-soundbar-review
post #4 of 10 Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Well I just ordered this from the River. Should be getting in next Tuesday so, I will definitely post my thoughts here. I read as much as I could and I was kinda caught between this and the ZVOX 575. But in the end, the ability to pair my own remote (harmony one) and the Bluetooth did it for me. We'll see, this is for my bedroom and will be paired up to my 42" Panny - (Cable Box & Computer) so it's not like I am not requiring it to replace my denon and orbs

TH58PZ800U
TH42PC77U
Denon 2807
Orb Audio People's Choice
PS3
XBOX 360
Cablevision HD DVR
post #5 of 10 Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 AM

Any opinions out there between the BA TVEE M30 and Polk 4000? Both seem very close in features (only Dolby Digital), wireless sub, and connectivity (Optical). Slight price difference where I'm from (Canada), but I can get the TVEE M30 for about the same as the Polk this week due to some Thanksgiving sales (that's right, Canada).

Anyone with first hand listening feedback is most welcome.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemalvr View Post

Any opinions out there between the BA TVEE M30 and Polk 4000? Both seem very close in features (only Dolby Digital), wireless sub, and connectivity (Optical). Slight price difference where I'm from (Canada), but I can get the TVEE M30 for about the same as the Polk this week due to some Thanksgiving sales (that's right, Canada).

Anyone with first hand listening feedback is most welcome.

I just got this the other day to go with my new Panasonic TCP50GT30.

Sounds great. The only problem is I am having a really hard time getting it to play the music from my Iphone. It's supposed to stream wirelessly. I turn bluetooth on the phone and it pairs with the sound bar but when I hit play on the Iphone Ipod...nothing. Grrrrrr. Help!

This is one of the reasons I got this sound bar. Was also looking at the Bose Cinemate Series as well. Anybody have any opinion on how to do the Iphone and the Bose as an alternative?

Thanks!
post #7 of 10 Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 AM

Just bought the TVEE 30. Hookup was simple. It took a few tries to get the remote programmed, but it works fine. (Note: the first step is exactly the same. Change which function you wish to program in steps 2 & 3.) The sound is awesome, and it can really go loud. All in all I am very happy with this soundbar.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 PM

I have to say I'm rather disappointed with this. I picked it up last weekend for the bedroom and it leaves me wanting. Maybe I was expecting too much from a soundbar.

The quick plug and play started out out promising; it was unboxed and playing in 10 minutes. That's a good thing because there wasn't much in the directions. Getting my cable remote paired up seemed to be a PITA but I think that may have been my fault. I think I just wasn't pushing the buttons in sequence. In any event, even after I got it programmed it doesn't seem to hold the programming. One minute the volume works one minute it doesn't. Again, maybe that's me or maybe it's my remote.

My disappointment really lies in performance. When I watch a movie it does perform well enough. Simulated surround really does have some merit. But when I crank it up the subwoofer leaves A LOT to be desired. I expected better from BA. And for music it's even worse. Maybe it was the sources I chose (Bluetooth from my phone and the music channels from FIOS) but the bass was muddy at some points and tinny at others.

I'm gonna try a few more things but I think I might go with 2.1. Any ideas?
post #9 of 10 Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try using a source that isn't lossy and compressed like a music CD. Bluetooth streaming is always terrible quality.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Vf3

Could any one comment on the quality of the Dolby virtual surround sound mode, this is a real deal breaker for me.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Boston Acoustics Tvee Model 30 Sound System With Sleek Sound Bar And Wireless Subwoofer Black , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P50gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page