Official "help me choose a soundbar" thread - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1021 of 1042 Old 05-12-2015, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question. I have a Pioneer VSX 43 receiver and I have a 6.1 speaker arrangement. Due to the size of the room. I am thinking about getting a soundbar that includes a subwoofer to replace the two front speakers and subwoofer. I want to continue using the receiver for my back speakers. Is there any soundbars that will hook up to my receiver through the use of speaker wire? If not could anyone explain to me how I could hook up the soundbar to my receiver or how I could hook it up so that I can still use my back speakers. Thanks in advance.

StLouG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1042 Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Basic Soundbar Plus Headphone Jack Needed: I just purchased a Samsung 60" 5300 but it doesn't have a headphone jack which I need to use at times.

Just looking for marginal improvement over the TV's speakers, not looking for acoustic perfection. But the headphone jack is a must so I can use headphones late at night.

Also, is there a reason to get a soundbar over a pair of wireless/Bluetooth speakers ? Pros or cons ?
Arran9 likes this.
post #1023 of 1042 Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 AM

Liked: 0
Hi all,

I am purchasing a new soundbar for my son , I have always used speakers for my own television.

I am only spending about £100 max as im sure its just a "want" rather than a "need",
anyway,
for that price I have read good reviews for both the Maxell MSB252 and the Roth Sub Zero 2. I can get either for under £90, would anyone recommend one over the other, I have read a few neg reviews for the Sub Zero 2 saying it has no base at all, but it looks much better than the SB252 power wise.

Althernatively, could anyone reccomend a respectable pair of speakers for under £100 that would be better than the soundbar.

Any help would be appreciated im not really clued up on the these soundbars, they look like they could provide no decent sound (better than the TV anyway) whatsoever to me
Thanks for reading
post #1024 of 1042 Old 05-23-2015, 12:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 26
VIZIO S4221w-C4 vs. LG Electronics LAS551H...anybody have them ? Both good for my budget, either one stand out ?
post #1025 of 1042 Old 05-31-2015, 06:07 AM

LG Sound bar?

Hi all, thanks for your advice in advance.

Ok...I recently bought a 55" LG Ultra HD TV, and it is a thing of beauty. However I do want to upgrade the sound so I would like to get a soundbar.

Now I am a big fan of LG so I have found two sound bars that look great but to be honest I know nothing about this sort of thing so I'd like some help if you don't mind.

Option 1: LG SOUND BAR NB5530 2.1CHANNEL
Now this looks great and apparently is perfect for the 55" TV.

Option 2: LG SOUND BAR NB4540
This looks great and is 4.1 compared to the 5530 2.1

they seem to be the same price or thereabouts but which one will give me the best sound?

Thanks everyone, cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103796.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	747401   Click image for larger version

Name:	89312.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	747409  
post #1026 of 1042 Old 05-31-2015, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Soundbar vs separates?

I'm buying all new sound equipment for a fairly small room in a new condo, and trying to decide between a higher end sound bar versus a compact but higher end AV system. I listen to audio (ranging from SACD's to bluetooth from my i phone) plus movies. I can't have high volume or a big subwoofer but I'm used to high quality sound.

Quality is more important than cost, but I have limited space and wiring for surround speakers would be difficult. Just installed a Samsung 4K UHD J6500 TV with Directv.

What would be the highest quality soundbar, that works with the Samsung plus Pandora, WiFi music library, maybe Netflix? (I'm considering the B&W) How would it compare to a small, compact separate system say a Marantz AV Receiver, B&W small 2 way tower speakers, phantom center, no surrounds?

Thanks
post #1027 of 1042 Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, would the best soundbar, say a Golden Ear or B&W passive with a high quality amp, compete in a small room with a small separate system with B&W 684k fronts, a matching center and the same amp?
post #1028 of 1042 Old 06-08-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm looking for a soundbar for a 65" Samsung TV. I'd like to have a large sound stage to suit the size of the TV. My budget is $500.
post #1029 of 1042 Old 06-08-2015, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I have a Philips Fidelio HDL7180 sound bar system. Unfortunately it is dying. But truth be told it was always lacking in certain ranges while it was fantastic and other ranges.

I'm looking at getting possibly something like the Visio 5451 sound bar system as a replacement. Thoughts?

I want fantastic bass and an immersive surround sound, rich sound preferably.

Is it worth it to get another sound bar system or should I look at using a receiver?

I have a Pioneer receiver that is fairly decent but I don't have a center channel speaker and in order to make the system makes sense I would at least need to add a wireless subwoofer too. That's a dealbreaker, has to be wireless. I would like to be able to add rear speakers to that wireless subwoofer if I can. Is that possible? I have old towers I can use that sound rich but are lacking when it comes to highs.

Honestly if I can find a sound bar that has better mids and has a wireless subwoofer and preferably rear speakers connected to it, I would be very happy to ditch my receiver and tower speakers. But I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you.
post #1030 of 1042 Old 06-24-2015, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My life is changing and making 5.1 impossible going forward. Since I have a Samsung 55" HU-9000 I was thinking about getting a Samsung curved sound bar since they have fairly good reviews. I'm wondering which sound bar model is meant for a 55" curved TV?

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. Plus a bunch of old consoles.
XBL: DELTAprime, PSN: DELTAsnake, Wii U: DELTAprime
post #1031 of 1042 Old 07-03-2015, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to buy a soundbar for under $300 but in my country there isn't a lot of brands or models. Researching I found that the best I can buy in my country for my budget are the LG NB4530 or LG NB3530 but recently I came to another LG soundbar model the LAS550H but I couldnt find any reliable review or comparisson.

So I want to know what do you think about these 3 models?
Is the LAS550H a better model?
Which one is best?
post #1032 of 1042 Old 07-04-2015, 06:36 PM

Bought open box Samsung UN40HU6950 40-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV - 3840 x 2160

for a very small bedroom but I'd like an inexpensive yet quality Soundbar (with woofer). TV rests (to be set up tomorrow w/ Brighthouse DVR and Access Point) has stand that rests on surface and can adjust up or down or swivel. 2.1 seems low end to me, because I've got such a GREAT SONY 5.1 surround sound system in family room.

Here are some of the specs:
Series - Series HU6950

* Dolby - MS11 Sound Effect - DTS Studio Sound DTS Premium Sound - DTS Premium Sound 5.1 Sound Output (RMS) - 10W x 2 Speaker Type - Down Firing
* Wireless Connectivity
* Wi-Fi - Yes

FEATURES:
* Smart Hub - Yes Processor - Quad Core Apps Platform - Smart TV with Apps, S-Recommendation and Full Web Browser Voice Interaction - Yes Motion Control - Ready Smart View 2.0 - Yes Smart Evolution Ready - Yes Ultra Clear Panel - Yes Dimming Technology - UHD Dimming Wide Color Enhancer - Yes ConnectShare - Movie RVU - Yes (Direct TV Ready) OSD Language - English, Spanish, French Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - Yes BD Wise - BD Wise Plus Closed Captioning - Yes History - Yes V-Chip - Yes Wi-Fi Direct - Yes Game Mode - Yes One Connect - Ready Eco Sensor - Yes Clock & On/Off Timer - Yes

* Inputs & Outputs
HDMI - 4 USB - 3 Ethernet - 1 Component - 1 Composite In (AV) - 2(1Common Use for Component Y) RF In (Terrestrial/Cable Input) - 1(Common Use for Terrestrial) Digital Audio Out (Optical)- 1 Audio Out (Mini Jack) - 1 IR out - Yes RS232C- 1 One Connect - Ready

DTV Tuner - ATSC / Clear QAM

Accessory
IR Extender Cable - Yes Remote - Samsung Smart Control (TM1460A) Remote Control Battery - Yes Mini Wall Mount Compatibility - Yes Vesa Wall Mount Compatibility - Yes (400 x 400) Slim Gender Cable - Yes Power Cable - Yes User Manual - Yes E-Manual - Yes

IDEALLY - I prefer to buy a better (but used or Open Box) unit of better quality vs. a new but same priced item.

Looking to spend $150-250.

Best Buy had one for $121 but I can't remember the brand, tho I think it was Vizio. Willing to wait a bit.

Thank you.

Deb E.
post #1033 of 1042 Old 07-09-2015, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Deb,.. Or anybody looking for sound bar & if you are in so ca. I've several sound bars from Yamaha uses & brand new NIB & subwoofers too listed on Craigslist. PM if you're interested
post #1034 of 1042 Old 07-13-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
I have a Philips Fidelio HDL7180 sound bar system. Unfortunately it is dying. But truth be told it was always lacking in certain ranges while it was fantastic and other ranges.

I'm looking at getting possibly something like the Visio 5451 sound bar system as a replacement. Thoughts?

I want fantastic bass and an immersive surround sound, rich sound preferably.

Is it worth it to get another sound bar system or should I look at using a receiver?

Honestly if I can find a sound bar that has better mids and has a wireless subwoofer and preferably rear speakers connected to it, I would be very happy to ditch my receiver and tower speakers. But I would love to hear your thoughts.
You may try LG Music Flow system in surround mode. For example LG LAS751M or LAS851M or Hi-end powerful LAS950M soundbar paired with two or more NP8340 or NP8540 or NP8740 as rear speakers, depending on your budget. They can be also used multiroom mode and have all wired and wireless connections, support DTS and Hi-res sound and can be conveniently controlled via smartphone app.
post #1035 of 1042 Old 07-17-2015, 01:22 PM

Please help me choose. I have 3 options I've narrowed it down to. I really like the look of the Samsung bars with woofer but the Watts are much lower than these options for my price range. All of these are at 199 or less. So which one should I get?
LG LAS450 220W vs LG 3530 300W vs SoNY HT CT260H.
In store the Sony seemed like it had the best bass which is important to me but I'm not an audiophile. However the 3530 and Sony are older models. So what do you guys recommend out of these 3 options? Or is there a better one in this price range I can pick up at a store, I'm not interested in ordering online. Thanks!
post #1036 of 1042 Old 07-17-2015, 01:41 PM

Nevermind. Lol I'm inpatient. I'm just gong to the store to buy all 3 and I'll return the 2 I don't like as much.
post #1037 of 1042 Old 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM

Liked: 10
I'm looking for a sound bar with a wireless sub and wired surround speakers...wired to the sound bar not the sub if possible. It will be paired with a 70" sony. I have an electric outlet in the floor next to my couch, perfect for the sub, but a good 6' from the rear wall, so wired surround speakers to the sub will not work. I could however route the wires from the sound bar, up the wall, over the ceiling, to their wall mounted locations.

I'm having a hard time finding any sound bars at all with surround speakers in addition to a sub, much less ones wired in the manner i'd like. I've had full fledge surround setups with a receiver and a bunch of wires, hoping for something a little simpler and cleaner this time around.

Thanks ahead of time!
post #1038 of 1042 Old 07-21-2015, 01:14 PM

Anything to consider with a Sharp LC60SQ-15U? Is it worth using the Arc HDMI or not really. I mostly watch movies through netflix or on demand and music through the smart tv Pandora/Youtube. I only have an xbox1 and cable box.

One thing I was seeing was certain sound bars need audio in a certain format to work correctly.

Additionally, regarding the Arc HDMI, it is only useful if I am playing bluray for the uncompressed sound quality right? I dont have much intention of buying bluray discs or downloading movies, mostly just streaming from netflix or movies on demand. does this make the uncompressed sound (arc hdmi) a non issue and I should just use a toslink cable?

If i did use arc hdmi I would need a soundbar that has multiple inputs so that I could connect my cable box and xbox correct? with arc hdmi im using the sound bar as the switcher?

Im looking in about the 500 dollar range, with a wireless subwoofer.

Thanks
post #1039 of 1042 Old 07-23-2015, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Bose Cinemate 130 or Sony HT-ST9

Please help me choose. I have 2 options both are same price. Bose Cinemate 130 or Sony HT-ST9 ? which one is better ? did anyone compare this or litsen to this side by side ? please help me choose one.

Thank you
post #1040 of 1042 Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm planning on getting Samsung's HW-J7500. However, I just saw that last year's model H7500 is half the price of this year's J7500. Anyone know if this year i substantially better than last year? Or should I get last years for that price?
post #1041 of 1042 Old 07-25-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Ng View Post
I'm planning on getting Samsung's HW-J7500. However, I just saw that last year's model H7500 is half the price of this year's J7500. Anyone know if this year i substantially better than last year? Or should I get last years for that price?
Hi Ricky Ng,

The only difference here is if you physically want to mount the sound bar to the TV as the H7500 won't physically match up to the 2015 TVs.

The sound specifications are identical for both of these models.

I recently purchased a 65" JU7500 model TV and I went with the H7500 as I picked it up for $349 and was this choice a no brainer for me as I have my TV on a stand with extra room to just place the speaker on the same stand.
post #1042 of 1042 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Like everyone else I need a recommendation. The space in my room is very limited and I need something versatile. My budget is about $400. So I want to be able to use it with my TV and computer, but the problem is my TV is kind of old and doesn't have an optical port. It has plenty of HDMI though so I have all my consoles connected to it.
I want something that has a decent subwoofer too since I like to listen to bassy music and games
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page