Official "help me choose a soundbar" thread - Page 35 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1021 of 1024 Old 05-12-2015, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question. I have a Pioneer VSX 43 receiver and I have a 6.1 speaker arrangement. Due to the size of the room. I am thinking about getting a soundbar that includes a subwoofer to replace the two front speakers and subwoofer. I want to continue using the receiver for my back speakers. Is there any soundbars that will hook up to my receiver through the use of speaker wire? If not could anyone explain to me how I could hook up the soundbar to my receiver or how I could hook it up so that I can still use my back speakers. Thanks in advance.

StLouG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1024 Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Basic Soundbar Plus Headphone Jack Needed: I just purchased a Samsung 60" 5300 but it doesn't have a headphone jack which I need to use at times.

Just looking for marginal improvement over the TV's speakers, not looking for acoustic perfection. But the headphone jack is a must so I can use headphones late at night.

Also, is there a reason to get a soundbar over a pair of wireless/Bluetooth speakers ? Pros or cons ?
Arran9 likes this.
post #1023 of 1024 Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I am purchasing a new soundbar for my son , I have always used speakers for my own television.

I am only spending about £100 max as im sure its just a "want" rather than a "need",
anyway,
for that price I have read good reviews for both the Maxell MSB252 and the Roth Sub Zero 2. I can get either for under £90, would anyone recommend one over the other, I have read a few neg reviews for the Sub Zero 2 saying it has no base at all, but it looks much better than the SB252 power wise.

Althernatively, could anyone reccomend a respectable pair of speakers for under £100 that would be better than the soundbar.

Any help would be appreciated im not really clued up on the these soundbars, they look like they could provide no decent sound (better than the TV anyway) whatsoever to me
Thanks for reading
post #1024 of 1024 Old Today, 12:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 20
VIZIO S4221w-C4 vs. LG Electronics LAS551H...anybody have them ? Both good for my budget, either one stand out ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page