Official "help me choose a soundbar" thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes
post #1171 of 1178 Unread Today, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast_28 View Post
Why 3 hdmi ports? It's easier to run all the hdmi into the TV then optical out to the soundbar. Plus, from my research soundbars aren't going to process the hdmi video and have an out back to the TV. That's what a receiver is for (which you don't need for a vast majority of soundbars)

Also do you want a bar and sub? Or just a bar?
Greetings Darkleafer,

I would have PM'd you but I still have not met my quota for the "Newbie Probation Period" for private messaging.

I have a new in box Sony HT-CT 260H Soundbar with wireless woofer if you are interested.

Good luck with your search
mjbz543@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1178 Unread Today, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Hey guys, my last post kinda got skipped and lost so Ima try again. I need soundbar (Or HTIB?) with as many HDMI inputs as possible. I want it for a bedroom , where we only watch occasionally. Living room already has a nice Klipsch reference II 5.1 setup so I am not inclined to spend a lot on the bedroom. Currently bedroom has Sony HT150 soundbar, costed about 200 bucks and its been good for about 3 years. Still good, just need to give it to my parents.
So to recap:
  1. Better than Sony Ht 150
  2. Preferrably no more than 300 bucks
  3. At least 3 hdmi inputs
Thank you very much for your help
Quote:
Why 3 hdmi ports? It's easier to run all the hdmi into the TV then optical out to the soundbar. Plus, from my research soundbars aren't going to process the hdmi video and have an out back to the TV. That's what a receiver is for (which you don't need for a vast majority of soundbars)

Also do you want a bar and sub? Or just a bar?
Bar and sub, and optical can't process lossless audio, so I don't really like it. My current Sony sound bar does full HD pass through on video and has 3 hdmi inputs, so I'm trying not to downgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
post #1173 of 1178 Unread Today, 12:41 PM

im thinking about this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2E4LZO. what do you guys think? any comparable contenders to this one?
post #1174 of 1178 Unread Today, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Official "help me choose a soundbar" thread

Sony htct780 has 3, can be bought on Amazon warehouse deals for $330ish. Has great reviews.

Ha, we were clearly looking at the same time. Don't hesitate to get one from warehouse deals. They classify them as used, but if it says damaged box- very good, or like new. It literally is just a slightly damaged box with a brand new unopened item inside. And if for some reason it's not, still fully returnable.

Last edited by toofast_28; Today at 12:45 PM. Reason: omission
post #1175 of 1178 Unread Today, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
im thinking about this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2E4LZO. what do you guys think? any comparable contenders to this one?

I've actually heard this one, it's very good. Too wide for my application though, 40" wide.
post #1176 of 1178 Unread Today, 01:01 PM

Sony HT-CT770 2.1 Channel 330W Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IWQREMQ..._q9pTwbRQF96EQ

Older model, warehouse deals right at $300. Same features.
post #1177 of 1178 Unread Today, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Sony htct780 has 3, can be bought on Amazon warehouse deals for $330ish. Has great reviews.

Ha, we were clearly looking at the same time. Don't hesitate to get one from warehouse deals. They classify them as used, but if it says damaged box- very good, or like new. It literally is just a slightly damaged box with a brand new unopened item inside. And if for some reason it's not, still fully returnable.
I can get the 780 new from frys electronics for 313. I used to work there so I can get employee pricing. Thanks for the advise!
Quote:
Sony HT-CT770 2.1 Channel 330W Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IWQREMQ..._q9pTwbRQF96EQ

Older model, warehouse deals right at $300. Same features.

post #1178 of 1178 Unread Today, 07:51 PM

I went with the ht CT 780 from frys electronics!! Thanks for your advice guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars