Sound bar for our Motorhome - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-14-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok we live in our motorhome and travel so I just upgraded the Tv to a Samung un40d64 3d TV and need some sound , thought about 5.1 HTIB but its just to difficult to remount speakers so I need a sound bar. I was thinking Sony HT-CT150 but wanted to put subwoofer behind TV because of space so then the remote wouldn't work, thought about Samsung HW-D450ZA but it gets so so reviews, thought about the Vizio with rear speakers but again trying to place them where existing speakers are is tough.so besides the 3D Samsung I want to connect my dish receiver and PS3 would like to stay around 250.00. This forum has been great help so I'm hoping somebody might help me out.
................... Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Liked: 11
I suggest the Panasonic SC-HTB520 that costs slightly more than $250 as of today.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thats a good price, davyo said it doesn't do any surround effect is that going to be a bad thing, i was just at BB and the salesman was talking up the LG LSB316, it sounded good and i like the Bluetooth but have not seen that many good reviews, BB has both of these online for 250.00. The only thing that bothers me is no hdmi, I've been trying to understand the threads on this and my conclusion is that hooked up to optical out from my samsung tv i only get 2 channel stereo, so again do I lose the surround effect if not hooked to hdmi and when connected to hdmi do i lose picture quality ? Never new buying a sound bar was going to be this difficult. .... Steve
post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Liked: 11
The Panasonic SC-HTB520 has a 3D Surround mode to create virtual surround effect from its speakers. Please get the manual here for more details.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page