Polk 6000 or Samsung HW-D550 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In canada I can get either the Polk 6000 for $400 or the Samsung D550 for $350. Its $50 difference, wondering if it's worth it for me to sacrifice the extra inputs on the samsung. Professional reviews seem to give the Polk a better score on sound quality. Couldn't find any direct comparisons by searching.

Samsung is mini-hdmi so I would have to order new cables/adapters from monoprice anyways.

I have to hookup my htpc optical out, tv (panasonic 54G10) and PS3(used for dvds and blu-ray, almost no gaming). Living room (11.5ft x 20ft) with tv against wall centered somewhat from left and right wall. Kitchen entrance right next tv but has a wooden door with big glass window in middle).

I have an HDMI switch already and ordering an Optical Audio switch as well. Appreciate your advice asap as these are sale prices here ending soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Can't speak to your need for inputs but I love my Polk iht6000.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Not sure if it too late but I will certainly go with Polk on this
Samsung's sound quality is far sub par comparing to Polk

Where did you see Polk 6000 at 400 though?
I only saw Polk 4000 at that price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana13 View Post

In canada I can get either the Polk 6000 for $400 or the Samsung D550 for $350. Its $50 difference, wondering if it's worth it for me to sacrifice the extra inputs on the samsung. Professional reviews seem to give the Polk a better score on sound quality. Couldn't find any direct comparisons by searching.

Samsung is mini-hdmi so I would have to order new cables/adapters from monoprice anyways.

I have to hookup my htpc optical out, tv (panasonic 54G10) and PS3(used for dvds and blu-ray, almost no gaming). Living room (11.5ft x 20ft) with tv against wall centered somewhat from left and right wall. Kitchen entrance right next tv but has a wooden door with big glass window in middle).

I have an HDMI switch already and ordering an Optical Audio switch as well. Appreciate your advice asap as these are sale prices here ending soon.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'd also like to know where you can get the 6000 for $400 in Canada. Regular price seems to be 650-800.
Wouldn't be surprised if sale price was $400 now and then.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page