Sony SA-40SE1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased a Sony all-in-one soundbar from Sams Club to hook up to my Vizio TV. It seems pretty basic, there's a plug that runs from the back of the sound bar into the outlet in the wall and then the L/R audio cables from the sound bar to the audio out on the TV. However, when I try to use the soundbar after setting it up, I get this humming or buzzing sound mixed in with the audio. I've also tried hooking it up to my Uverse box as well (instead of the TV) with the same results. I've tried unplugging some things (I have an alarm clock plugged along with a PS3, the Uverse box, and the TV) and messed with some of the audio settings on the TV, but I still get this constant buzzing mixed within the sound. Seems like something is off but I can't seem to figure it out.....could there be some interference with the Uverse? Anyone have any ideas for an amateur like me? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm kinda annoyed trying to figure out what's going on lol. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like you have a ground loop...

If you got a Radio Shack nearby or any decent audio store, pick up something like this or similar...

w w w .radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page