Audio input via Bluetooth, HDMI with ARC, wireless subwoofer. Who's got all three? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, here are the features I'd like in my next soundbar system.

1. Audio input via Bluetooth (aka - listen to music from my smartphone).

2. HDMI inputs and output including Audio Return Channel (ARC).

3. Wireless subwoofer.

I'm willing to compromise on 3) Wireless subwoofer, but the first two features are completely essential for me.

Does anyone know of a system that can satisfy my meager desires? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Over 300 views and not one recommendation. Wow, I really must be asking for the moon, here!

OK, thanks, I'll wait another year and see if the manufacturers put these three features into one great soundbar. Cheers.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Although there are many soundbars with HDMI and ARC and wireless subs, hardly any soundbars currently offer bluetooth. However, there are bluetooth adapters available. I've no idea how well they work, but perhaps you could consider that approach to open up soundbar selection.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 AM

Hi Mantis - did you ever get a soundbar that meets your needs? I'm in the market and looking for a soundbar with these same attributes.
As I am also looking for a new TV as well I've looked at devices from Sony & LG, both do 2 out of 3 but fall over when I want to be able to control the volume with a TV remote. I would not have thought this was such a difficult thing to do... isn't it an OBVIOUS requirement?

If anyone out there has some suggestions it would be good to hear. I am thinking that i will need to drop the requirement for bluetooth connectivity and get a bar that has HDMI connections instead, seems a bit of a shame though!
post #5 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintyboy12 View Post

Hi Mantis - did you ever get a soundbar that meets your needs? I'm in the market and looking for a soundbar with these same attributes.
As I am also looking for a new TV as well I've looked at devices from Sony & LG, both do 2 out of 3 but fall over when I want to be able to control the volume with a TV remote. I would not have thought this was such a difficult thing to do... isn't it an OBVIOUS requirement?
If anyone out there has some suggestions it would be good to hear. I am thinking that i will need to drop the requirement for bluetooth connectivity and get a bar that has HDMI connections instead, seems a bit of a shame though!

I'm in a similar boat. I'm looking to spend $200-$300 on a soundbar that ideally has 3 HDMI inputs, wireless sub, and bluetooth. The latter is more of a luxury than a need because I currently have a speaker dock/bluetooth unit that takes care of that. The 3 HDMI inputs with a wireless sub seems to be a slight challenge because those that I have seen have the HDMI inputs on the sub so placement is limited. Unless someone has a better idea, I have been going back and forth between the Samsung HW-E450 and the Vizio VHT-215. Both have their pros and cons. The Samsung has only 1 HDMI input but does have bluetooth capability. The Vizio has 2 HDMI inputs but doesn't have bluetooth capability. I could always get an HDMI switch to increase the number of HDMI inputs but I'd rather avoid that, if possible. I would also like HDMI pass-through but have been having a hard time verifying whether both of these units offer that.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM

For those who are still looking. I just recently purchased the Panasonic SC-HTB550 for casual movie/tv watching in a living room.

It has bluetooth connectivity

It has 2 HDMI inputs (with ARC) and 1 output

It has a wireless subwoofer.

I'm sure the new models are coming out soon so I got a great deal on this sub-$300 soundbar. Good features, great sound, great reviews. Can't go wrong.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar , Vizio Vht215 , Panasonic Sc Htb550 2 1 Channel 240 Watt Multi Positional Full Hd 3d Audio System With Wireless Musi
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page