Can't Get it Loud Enough - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a full theater system in my media room; AV receiver, towers, sub, surrounds....mid to high end and works like expected.

In our living room we have a 40" flat panel TV to which is connected a Popcorn Hour and cable box. Our living room is part of an open floor plan that includes the kitchen, dinning room, and entry way. I would say our downstairs setup is for serious viewing and our living room setup is sometimes used for serious viewing in the evening but also for watching when there is a lot of other activity going on.

Recently I have noticed that when watching movies via the PCH and also on some HD channels it seems like I am always messing with the volume, one minute you can't seem to hear anything and the next someone is asking you to turn it down. In my opinion a few things are contributing, we use to watch the majority of TV in SD out of 8 is NBC and for 10 years we have been use to pushing "8" on the remote. We recently got a Harmony 900 which has icons for channels so now we push "NBC" which takes us to 1008, NBC HD. We also are using the PCH more since we upgraded a movie server and now have more options of movies to watch therefore we are watching much more 5.1 audio, both HDTV and movies, through a 2.0 TV. I am assuming the downmix from 5.1 to 2.0 is not ideal and therefore the reason I am having volume issues recently? Is this a fair assumption?

Does a soundbar solve my issues? As I said I have a nice system in my media room for serious viewing. I am not looking for great, just reasonable or better.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sounds like you just need to get rid of the people who are telling you to turn it doown.

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Reply Soundbars

Harmony 900 Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page