Sony 550W: can I wire-connect subwoofer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll be placing my soon-to-arrive CT550W's subwoofer right next to the tele, making a wireless connection unnecessary. In this case, it seems there'd be fewer problems if the woofer was wired directly rather than wireless. Can it be done? If so, what cable(s) should I get to have on hand when the unit arrives?

Thanks, _Michael{R}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 AM

I don't think that's even possible with the Sony HTCT550W - it is that model you mean I assume? Wireless speakers shouldn't give you problems. My Bose wireless woofer works admirably no matter where I place it in the room and I would imagine Sony's is no different.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post

I don't think that's even possible with the Sony HTCT550W - it is that model you mean I assume? Wireless speakers shouldn't give you problems. My Bose wireless woofer works admirably no matter where I place it in the room and I would imagine Sony's is no different.

Yes, I meant the 550W. It just seems that wireless connections of all kinds are subject to interference and signal degradation, and I was hoping there was a wired alternative for the subwoofer. I expect it will be fine as a wireless connection, it just seemed Sony might have included a wired option for the majority of people who will place the subwoofer next to the TV.

Hmm...am I right to assume the subwoofer has its own mains power cord (IE, is not truly wireless)? Assuming it has a power cord, then a speaker wire would not be a problem for any unit next to the TV.

Alas, I'm probably making up issues I don't need to.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 AM

Yes it has it's own power cord. I've never experienced interference with wireless speakers so it should be fine.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Ht Ct550w 3d Sound Bar Home Theater System With Wireless Subwoofer Accessory Kit
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page