No Video with Sony Ht CT-150 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I currently have my home theater setup with a Samsung PN50C8000 for my TV and the soundbar mentioned in the title. All connected devices work great until this weekend. For some weird reason it all of a sudden would only play audio and no video. I have gotten everything to work with varying success by unplugging the soundbar for 30 minutes and then turning it on again. When I switch everything off again it is messed up again. Very frustrating.

I have a Xbox connected directly to the TV with component cable and that works fine. I have another xbox connected directly to the TV which is not working. I have my Cable box, Netgear 550, and PC connected to the soundbar with HDMI. None of those work either. "No Signal" is displayed onscreen.

I hope I am posting this in the right spot, I apologize if I didn't.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyborg View Post

I have a Xbox connected directly to the TV with component cable and that works fine. I have another xbox connected directly to the TV which is not working. I have my Cable box, Netgear 550, and PC connected to the soundbar with HDMI. None of those work either. "No Signal" is displayed onscreen.

Are you saying the xbox is connected via HDMI to the TV and you're not getting video from it either? If that's the case, you may have an HDMI problem with your TV.

Since the three devices connected to the CT150 get audio, those HDMI cables are probably fine. So the problem is either the TV, the HDMI cable connecting the CT150 to the TV, or the HDMI-out port on the CT150. Pretty easy to troubleshoot that. Connect your cable box directly to the TV using the same HDMI cable and TV port you're now using for the CT150. If you get video, it's not the TV and you should then try a different HDMI cable.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Restoring factory defaults resolved the issue. Thanks.

Tags
Sony Ht Ct150 Virtual 5 1 Channel Sound Bar And Subwoofer Set Accessory Kit , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - Ct150 by PriceGrabber.com