choice of soundbar assistance please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My son-in-law is currently deployed in the far reaches of Afghanistan and will be finishing his deployment in a few months. he will also have a birthday around the same time. last year my daughter bought him a very nice Sammy 8000 LED tv (and i kicked in a few $$ as well). But, he does not have a receiver or speakers. He loves his iPad and iPhone and I think he's been considering getting speakers but he wants the Blue tooth wireless streaming capability from his Apple devices (also has an iMac). He wants to keep a very sleek uncluttered look so i think a bunch of speakers, wires etc. are not what he wants. I think a soundbar with a wireless subwoofer would be perfect but i think the soundbars that support Airplay (the Panorama?) are too expensive. I would like to get him perhaps a receiver that does support Airplay and pair it with a soundbar/ wireless sub (although would consider a wired sub since it would probably sit very close in a corner near the tv and receiver. the budget is about $1000 for both the receiver and sound system. i think i could probably get a receiver (I know Denon supports Airplay as does Pioneer I believe) for $400 to $600. but i am not sure about the soundbar. Any suggestions would be most welcome. would this be the right way to get the airplay function i.e. buy a receiver that supports it and pair with a soundbar or is there an alternative with just a soundbar/woofer that by itself that supports Airplay in my price range? ...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm not exactly sure about soundbars that support AirPlay. But one option could be to buy an apple tv for $99 and connect to the system. This way he can not only stream audio but mirror his display on the tv from an iPad or iPhone.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Ah yes, thanks I had not thought of that option.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page