Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 730 Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Cap'n. Also, I don't have ARC on my LG 60PK950. Also, my optical out for my TV is only PCM 2 channel from HDMI sources. I have my PVR and my apple tv to use the soundbar, but there is only one optical in on the soundbar. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 730 Old 12-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Hello, I just bought the Samsung E450 soundbar and I need some help.

I hooked up the soundbar to my samsung blueray player and tv as instructed and I got it to work. However, when I tried to get sound from my TV (I use Over the air indoor antenna -- no cable) I get no sound. I don't have the AUX outputs in my TV (Samsung LN40 D550), no HDMI ARC, but HDMI DVI. I went to the tv menu and changed the audio to "external speakers." Still no go.

I've been trying to to find a solution on these forums but haven't been able to determine what would work. Should I buy an optical cable and try? Maybe I am to use the HDMI for my blueray and an optical cable for my tv antenna?

Please help!

Happy Holidays!
post #273 of 730 Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 AM

Alright I did more digging. Will try the optical cable first and I'll be back.
post #274 of 730 Old 12-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienne View Post

Alright I did more digging. Will try the optical cable first and I'll be back.

I would try HDMI from the BD player to the soundbar IN and then HDMI OUT from the soundbar to the TV. I would also connect the TV to the soundbar via optical cable. Use source D.IN when watching OTA and HDMI when watching a BD.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #275 of 730 Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Hi there I would just likely check something I too was getting no sound connecting straight from hmdi from tv to sound bar in any of the sat options but have now run through blue ray player and get sound for a film , I would like it to work on normal tv is this possible ? I do not have cable just a tv and blue ray player , will a optical cable work ?
Many thanks
post #276 of 730 Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Your connections should be exactly like what is posted just above your post.
post #277 of 730 Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becster View Post

Hi there I would just likely check something I too was getting no sound connecting straight from hmdi from tv to sound bar in any of the sat options but have now run through blue ray player and get sound for a film , I would like it to work on normal tv is this possible ? I do not have cable just a tv and blue ray player , will a optical cable work ?
Many thanks

It sounds to me that you just have a BD player connected to your TV. If so, just connect the BD player to the soundbar via HDMI (IN) and then connect HDMI OUT on the soundbar to the TV. Select HDMI on SAT on the soundbar.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #278 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM

Hi there many thanks for help bought optical cable today and all working great for normal tele Abd hdmi for blue ray player
post #279 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Hello

I've got an LG 47LE5500 tv and I'm trying to set up this tv with the Samsung sound bar (Hw-E450). I also have an Xbox360, LG BD, and Comcast HD DVR. It doesn't support ARC so I'm in the process of getting a rocketfish digital optical cable for the cable box, and Xbox and then connect the BD player via hdmi in and out.

The issue I'm having is the connectivity from the remotes. Am I really going to have to use the sound bar remote to control the volume or does someone know if there is a way to control the volume via the Comcast remote? And does the connection for the cables sound like I did that right?

Or I just may return it to get the LG sound bar that is compared pretty much the same.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers!
post #280 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyh06 View Post

Hello
I've got an LG 47LE5500 tv and I'm trying to set up this tv with the Samsung sound bar (Hw-E450). I also have an Xbox360, LG BD, and Comcast HD DVR. It doesn't support ARC so I'm in the process of getting a rocketfish digital optical cable for the cable box, and Xbox and then connect the BD player via hdmi in and out.
The issue I'm having is the connectivity from the remotes. Am I really going to have to use the sound bar remote to control the volume or does someone know if there is a way to control the volume via the Comcast remote? And does the connection for the cables sound like I did that right?
Or I just may return it to get the LG sound bar that is compared pretty much the same.
Thanks for any help.
Cheers!

You may get lucky since you'll have an HDMI connection between the TV and soundbar. Enable CEC on the TV (I think LG calls it SimpLink) and enable Anynet+ on the soundbar using the button on the remote. This soundbar is finnicky about what CEC functions work with what TVs, but you lose nothing by trying. If that doesn't work there's always the Harmony remote. wink.gif
post #281 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM

Thanks!

While waiting to get my DOC I've tried to connect my cable through the sound bar via hdmi in&out and I get sound but no picture. Do you know why this might be?
post #282 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks!
While waiting to get my DOC I've tried to connect my cable through the sound bar via hdmi in&out and I get sound but no picture. Do you know why this might be?
Not exactly, but check that you're on the correct TV input and the correct soundbar input. You could also try a different HDMI cable between bar and TV. If your cable box was working fine when connected directly to the TV, there shouldn't be any settings changes needed on it.

Have you tested the same connection with your BD player?
post #283 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Not exactly, but check that you're on the correct TV input and the correct soundbar input. You could also try a different HDMI cable between bar and TV. If your cable box was working fine when connected directly to the TV, there shouldn't be any settings changes needed on it.
Have you tested the same connection with your BD player?

Ya I just did the same connection between the BD player-sound bar-TV and it works perfect. Weird that it doesn't work for a cable box or the Xbox (which I tried as well)

Oh we'll i guess I'll just have to wait for my DOC to arrive so then ill be all set up.

Thanks again!

P.s just to make sure, the DOC should take of the video and audio of the cable box and Xbox if I connected from the sound bar to TV right?
post #284 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ya I just did the same connection between the BD player-sound bar-TV and it works perfect. Weird that it doesn't work for a cable box or the Xbox (which I tried as well)
Oh we'll i guess I'll just have to wait for my DOC to arrive so then ill be all set up.
Thanks again!
P.s just to make sure, the DOC should take of the video and audio of the cable box and Xbox if I connected from the sound bar to TV right?

Assuming that DOC=digital optical cable, the answer is no. That only passes audio. You will also need a video cable. That's why HDMI is so convenient. It passes audio and video.

I got 1 of these so I can connect everything to the soundbar directly:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=8463&seq=1&format=2

What you can do is just connect everything to your TV and then output the audio from your TV with the DOC. There are many combinations that you can use but it's often better to start simple, see how it sounds, and then adjust, if necessary.

post #285 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

Assuming that DOC=digital optical cable, the answer is no. That only passes audio. You will also need a video cable. That's why HDMI is so convenient. It passes audio and video.
I got 1 of these so I can connect everything to the soundbar directly:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=8463&seq=1&format=2
What you can do is just connect everything to your TV and then output the audio from your TV with the DOC. There are many combinations that you can use but it's often better to start simple, see how it sounds, and then adjust, if necessary.

Yes sorry I put DOC to shorten digital optical cable.

Ah ok I think I understand now. So If I keep the cable box and Xbox running to the TV via hdmi, the video will stay on the TV but the audio will come from the sound bar via DOC?
post #286 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes sorry I put DOC to shorten digital optical cable.
Ah ok I think I understand now. So If I keep the cable box and Xbox running to the TV via hdmi, the video will stay on the TV but the audio will come from the sound bar via DOC?

Yes.

post #287 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM

Hello all,

I just got a Hitachi LED tv and a Samsung HW-E450. The tv has a HDMI Arc port.

When I connected the HDMI cord from the HDMI arc on the tv to the HDMI out on soundbar, it produced no sound. The CEC control was on , as well as the Anynet+. Additionally, I could control the soundbar through the tv, I could "raise" and "lower" the volume, turn the soundbar on and off, however, it would not produce any sound.

I had a ps3 and cable box hooked up to the additional hdmi ports. The soundbar works, as it worked through the bluetooth setting. For some reason though, it will recognize the TV ARC, but it will not produce any sound.

Any thoughts?
post #288 of 730 Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM

Liked: 11
Sounds like the same issue I had which was resolved by getting a new version 1.4 compatible hdmi cable. The older cable gave me the same TV ARC on the sound bar but no actual sound issue.
post #289 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Long time listener, first time caller about to go nutty.

I just bought a hw-e450 for my parents and I am having an impossible time getting it to work. Now, I will preface this by saying I haven't tried an optical cable yet, and will do so if absolutely necessary, but I would much rather they have fewer remotes to shuffle through.

I am hooking this up to a Samsung LN46C530 TV that has a Verizon FIOS DVR (Motorola QIP7000 or 7100) and an Insignia BluRay in the HDMI ports (along with a Wii in components). When I try to set it all up, the only way I get sound is by directly plugging in the chosen unit to the bar and the Bar to the tv, via hdmi. When I hook it up as suggested, HDMI port 2 down to HDMI out, I don't get any sound on d.int or HDMI. And when I go into the Anynet+ functions, it does not recognize that a Anynet+ device is connected to the computer. It does turn off with the TV remote, but no on and no volume. It is like it knows that the soundbar is attached, but it refuses to recognize any of them.

I hope I have been clear. Happy to answer any/all questions that might help you help me.
post #290 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneofshame View Post

Long time listener, first time caller about to go nutty.
I just bought a hw-e450 for my parents and I am having an impossible time getting it to work. Now, I will preface this by saying I haven't tried an optical cable yet, and will do so if absolutely necessary, but I would much rather they have fewer remotes to shuffle through.
I am hooking this up to a Samsung LN46C530 TV that has a Verizon FIOS DVR (Motorola QIP7000 or 7100) and an Insignia BluRay in the HDMI ports (along with a Wii in components). When I try to set it all up, the only way I get sound is by directly plugging in the chosen unit to the bar and the Bar to the tv, via hdmi. When I hook it up as suggested, HDMI port 2 down to HDMI out, I don't get any sound on d.int or HDMI. And when I go into the Anynet+ functions, it does not recognize that a Anynet+ device is connected to the computer. It does turn off with the TV remote, but no on and no volume. It is like it knows that the soundbar is attached, but it refuses to recognize any of them.
I hope I have been clear. Happy to answer any/all questions that might help you help me.

I don't think that model TV supports ARC so you must use an optical cable from TV to soundbar in order to get audio from anything connected to the TV.
post #291 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Does anyone know of a way to have a Comcast remote work with this sound bar?
post #292 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:

I have the same question regaurding my Directv remote and you know what the answer is? It dont and I doubt if it will work with a Comcast remote. mad.gif
post #293 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What kind of TV? I have a Samsung TV and Cablevision and my remote works fine without any additional programming. It won't turn on with that remote but I can control the volume and turn it off with my Cablevision remote.

post #294 of 730 Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

What kind of TV? I have a Samsung TV and Cablevision and my remote works fine without any additional programming. It won't turn on with that remote but I can control the volume and turn it off with my Cablevision remote.

It's an LG with the Xfinity HD DVR. The slightly nonunderstandable comcast rep had me try a few codes and then proceeded to follow with, after the failed attempts, that the "device I'm trying to connect to the Comcast remote seems to be to "new". Try contacting the device manufacturer to see if they possibly know of any codes". Needless to say I'm now in the market for a universal remote.

Anyone hear good things about the Logitech harmony?
post #295 of 730 Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 AM

Having a little difficulty maintaining audio sync between Samsung HDTV (no ARC) and Samsung SoundBar HW-E450. The audio seems to slip in and out of sync at various times. I've tried adjusting the MS up (works sometimes at 25) and down (works sometimes at 0) but it seems like I can not get it perfect between the video and spoken words. This has happened a few times after we watch a movie from my Macbook to the soundbar via Audio cable port on both while watching via HDMI cable for video. No syncing problems during movie, just when I switch back to D-in selection on soundbar. I have an Optical Digital cable hookup for the regular TV watching.
post #296 of 730 Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Is this issue with not being able to control the volume with the Samsung t.v. remote a new phenomenon with the E-450 soundbar? I have had the earlier model HWC-450 connected to my 55" Samsung for two years until this evening -- swapped it out because the smaller profile of the E-450 fit better in the TV stand. I was always able to control the soundbar volume with the t.v. or cable (Cablevision) remote -- only issue was the annoying pop up on the t.v. when the volume was pressed alerting that the internal speakers were off. Was that a freak result with the prior soundbar or has Samsung moved backwards in the past two years?
post #297 of 730 Old 12-29-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsport View Post

Is this issue with not being able to control the volume with the Samsung t.v. remote a new phenomenon with the E-450 soundbar? I have had the earlier model HWC-450 connected to my 55" Samsung for two years until this evening -- swapped it out because the smaller profile of the E-450 fit better in the TV stand. I was always able to control the soundbar volume with the t.v. or cable (Cablevision) remote -- only issue was the annoying pop up on the t.v. when the volume was pressed alerting that the internal speakers were off. Was that a freak result with the prior soundbar or has Samsung moved backwards in the past two years?

How do you have the TV & soundbar connected? AFAIK, you should be able to control volume as long as you have an HDMI connection between the two and have Anynet+ turned on. If you're using an optical connection though, volume control doesn't work that way.
post #298 of 730 Old 12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

No problems here with the HW-E450 and a Samsung LED TV. I have my sources connected to the soundbar first but I don't know if that would matter. I have to use the soundbar remote to turn it on. Other than that, I use my Cablevision remote.

post #299 of 730 Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM

So you have a Vizio TV with ARC?
post #300 of 730 Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM

So it sounds like you have HDMI Arc connected and also the Digital (optical) also connected,
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page