Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 730 Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post

I just got a Sammy UN55F6300 over Black Friday and it pairs perfectly with the refurbished HW-E450C I bought last year. I'm partly surprised from what I have read on this thread and trouble I had with my former TV, but just about everything works as expected. The sound bar and TV are connected via HDMI ARC and I am able to control with the stock TV remote; simultaneous power on/off, volume up/down, mute. Similarly, the sound bar remote can control supported buttons also. The only gripe I have is that the volume number doesn't appear on the TV, does on the soundbar, when changing the volume and only an animation. However, the volume number does show up when the mute button is toggled. If anyone has any questions let me know!

so what settings you running with?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 730 Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunOfTheDill View Post

so what settings you running with?

Here is everything in clearer list form :)

HDTV Samsung UN55F6300

• Stock remote Turns on/off TV and soundbar simultaneously
  • Remote adjust volume up/down/mute (only displays corresponding volume level/# when muted, has an ugly animation for volume control)
  • HDMI ARC (Port 2 in this case)
  • Sound output set to Receiver (I think this changed automatically)
  • Anynet+ On

Soundbar HW-E450C

• Stock remote functions fully with corresponding buttons (TV source, channel, etc)
  • HDMI out, nothing on HDMI in
  • Display says HDMI ARC (I think this setting sticks unless I change manually to another input).
  • Anynet+ On (automatically disables Auto Power altogether)

I was first afraid that I would have to get a F450 to get this to work or even upgrade to a F550, but I will probably save some cash until there is a killer feature in a newer model.

Question for you all: I disabled all of the other enhancement for the soundbar unless someone has a suggestion for one that is worthwhile.

post #723 of 730 Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post

Here is everything in clearer list form :)

HDTV Samsung UN55F6300

• Stock remote Turns on/off TV and soundbar simultaneously
  • Remote adjust volume up/down/mute (only displays corresponding volume level/# when muted, has an ugly animation for volume control)
  • HDMI ARC (Port 2 in this case)
  • Sound output set to Receiver (I think this changed automatically)
  • Anynet+ On

Soundbar HW-E450C

• Stock remote functions fully with corresponding buttons (TV source, channel, etc)
  • HDMI out, nothing on HDMI in
  • Display says HDMI ARC (I think this setting sticks unless I change manually to another input).
  • Anynet+ On (automatically disables Auto Power altogether)

I was first afraid that I would have to get a F450 to get this to work or even upgrade to a F550, but I will probably save some cash until there is a killer feature in a newer model.

Question for you all: I disabled all of the other enhancement for the soundbar unless someone has a suggestion for one that is worthwhile.

So right now i'm running 3d sound in Cinema/Movie, can't remember the name, also in cinema/movie mode for sound effect with +5 for the sub.  All the other stuff really isn't worth playing with it seems.

post #724 of 730 Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM

I have a UN50F6300 TV and a Sony Soundbar, I know its not the soundbar here, but I have a technical question that will be close enough.

If I hook up my DVR to my TV via HDMI

I hook up the TV to the sound bar via HDMI (ARC) (both devices support it)

I turn on my sound bar and watch a dish channel that is sending 5.1.

Do I get 5.1 sound? Is it supported in this setup? Is it 5.1 or compressed to 2.1?

So far NO ONE has been able to answer this question.
post #725 of 730 Old 01-05-2014, 10:00 AM

Just wanted to add my experience with setting up this bar to work with my setup. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow the flawed samsung manual (both paper ones in the box and the online support).

But post 672 in this thread simplified it for me, so I'm pretty much repeating his post, but I think it underlines the point that this works, and the samsung instructions are misleading and just plain wrong!

My kit:

• Samsung 6 series UE46 D6530 WKXXU (ARC capable - googled ARC as I had no idea)
  • Samsung HW-F450
  • Virgin Media TiVo HD
  • PS3 Slim
  • 3 x HDMI cables

Setup steps:

1. Throw away the manual
  2. Connect HDMI from the HW-F450 sound bar's HDMI Out to the TV's HDMI ARC in (port 2 on my TV)
    This is actually going to be the TV's dedicated audio out, as wells as control of the sound bar (auto off and volume)
  3. Connect TiVo to TV via HDMI (port 1 on my TV)
  4. Connect PS3 to TV via HDMI (port 3 on my TV)
  5. Turn everything on.
  6. Enable Anynet+ on my TV, and in the sub options for Anynet+ I set "Auto Turn Off" to Yes, and set "Receiver" to Off (not sure what enabling this would do with my TiVo - anyone?)
  7. I think step 6 changed my TV's audio output setting to External Speakers, but I may have set that manually, regardless, ensure it isn't using TV speakers.
  8. Enable Anynet+ on the sound bar.
  9. Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.
  10. Set my TiVo remote to work with Samsung code (can't remember which, but I did that ages ago).

So with that setup, the way it works now is that with everything turned off, if I turn on my TiVo and my TV (using TiVo remote) and the sound bar stays off, but audio comes out of the TV.  Then I turn on the sound bar (either with HW-F450's remote, or on the unit itself) and the sound bar takes over the audio, and the TV mutes.

If I switch HDMI inputs to my PS3 (again using the TiVo remote, handy trick) then audio comes out of the sound bar.

Finally, I turn off the TV, and the sound bar turns off too.

For me, this is the perfect setup, as when the kids turn the TV on in the morning, I don't want the sound bar on!!!  But when we want to watch something with a bit more oomph, we just power on the F450 and it takes over the audio.  And for me this sound bar is spot on for my house.  Loud, crisp, bassy and immersive.  Handles dialog, explosions and music equally well.

Spot on Samsung, however you need to re-write your manuals!

post #726 of 730 Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.

That source selection is also used for an optical connection.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #727 of 730 Old 02-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozuk View Post

Just wanted to add my experience with setting up this bar to work with my setup. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow the flawed samsung manual (both paper ones in the box and the online support).

But post 672 in this thread simplified it for me, so I'm pretty much repeating his post, but I think it underlines the point that this works, and the samsung instructions are misleading and just plain wrong!

My kit:

• Samsung 6 series UE46 D6530 WKXXU (ARC capable - googled ARC as I had no idea)
  • Samsung HW-F450
  • Virgin Media TiVo HD
  • PS3 Slim
  • 3 x HDMI cables

Setup steps:

1. Throw away the manual
  2. Connect HDMI from the HW-F450 sound bar's HDMI Out to the TV's HDMI ARC in (port 2 on my TV)
    This is actually going to be the TV's dedicated audio out, as wells as control of the sound bar (auto off and volume)
  3. Connect TiVo to TV via HDMI (port 1 on my TV)
  4. Connect PS3 to TV via HDMI (port 3 on my TV)
  5. Turn everything on.
  6. Enable Anynet+ on my TV, and in the sub options for Anynet+ I set "Auto Turn Off" to Yes, and set "Receiver" to Off (not sure what enabling this would do with my TiVo - anyone?)
  7. I think step 6 changed my TV's audio output setting to External Speakers, but I may have set that manually, regardless, ensure it isn't using TV speakers.
  8. Enable Anynet+ on the sound bar.
  9. Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.
  10. Set my TiVo remote to work with Samsung code (can't remember which, but I did that ages ago).

So with that setup, the way it works now is that with everything turned off, if I turn on my TiVo and my TV (using TiVo remote) and the sound bar stays off, but audio comes out of the TV.  Then I turn on the sound bar (either with HW-F450's remote, or on the unit itself) and the sound bar takes over the audio, and the TV mutes.

If I switch HDMI inputs to my PS3 (again using the TiVo remote, handy trick) then audio comes out of the sound bar.

Finally, I turn off the TV, and the sound bar turns off too.

For me, this is the perfect setup, as when the kids turn the TV on in the morning, I don't want the sound bar on!!!  But when we want to watch something with a bit more oomph, we just power on the F450 and it takes over the audio.  And for me this sound bar is spot on for my house.  Loud, crisp, bassy and immersive.  Handles dialog, explosions and music equally well.

Spot on Samsung, however you need to re-write your manuals!

Yes they do need to rewrite and say it right in the manuals and firmware update too it said it got a support of the touch update no clue if this fix for the HW-E450C.  As I have 46"F7100 model and a 40"F6400 models TV as I was reading on this forums I have to say thanks to all of you guys for writing this.

I have bought two of these sound bar I should have waited for a tube rays sound bar for 499.99 but that is little to high$. Or gone for something else. I had to buy two of the HW-E450C for 127.99 after it great price till I didn't dig little bit of reading till now.

I wasted two Optical cable. They didn't comes with cables made me little mad. I thought maybe I could turn up and down from the TV with the speaker turned off on the TV setting and able to move the volume up and down from the optical speaker out and when the TV is off and it will go off because of the no signal in 20 min and when I turn the TV back on then the sound bar will kick on because of the optical is turned on and it has it signal. But I guess not. I wish it was simple like make your remote able to connect another Samsung devices like a remote universal remote learning or added on to the remote itself not the TV itself then to the remote. I guess they need a software engineers to understand what needed to add. To bad no Bluetooth to the TV to the sound bar

As I was looking on the TV I have. It sure does got Sound Share and website from Samsung and I saw Sound Share and I should gone after a sound bar that you have and that supported this it just wireless sound devices able to hook up the TV without any cable and does all the functions. Like the F450 but the F450 got a firmware update :( Lucky you Dabozuk  

post #728 of 730 Old 03-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Hello- I have recently purchased the Samsung 450 and have hooked up the optical cable. I receive good sound to sound bar however very low volume or performance from woofer.  I am aware of the sound level controller and have it set at +6. Any suggestions. Thanks Bob

post #729 of 730 Old 03-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpar View Post

Hello- I have recently purchased the Samsung 450 and have hooked up the optical cable. I receive good sound to sound bar however very low volume or performance from woofer.  I am aware of the sound level controller and have it set at +6. Any suggestions. Thanks Bob

It depends where you placed it in the room, but as for the settings make sure you have smart volume off and DRC on minimum. That should help increase the performance of the subwoofer.
post #730 of 730 Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM

I have read through this entire thread and I need help with my issue.  Basically, my TV stopped recognizing that an Anynet+ device is connected when the soundbar is connected with an HMDI cable via ARC.  The soundbar LCD indicator says TV ARC, indicating that it is connected to the TV and audio is coming from the soundbar but I cannot control the soundbar's volume with the TV remote.

Background:

I have a Samsung UN60ES6100 TV and the Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar.

I have had the TV for over a year and got the soundbar about a month ago.

I have everything set up like so:

TV:

HDMI 1: comcast DVR

HDMI 2 (ARC): Soundbar

HDMI 3: Netgear Push2TV

Soundbar:

HDMI Out (ARC): to TV

HDMI In: Bluray player

When watching cable TV (HDMI 1) or wirelessly connecting my laptop via the Push2TV (HDMI 3), audio projects through the soundbar via ARC.  When watching a Bluray movie (HDMI 2), I change the input on the Soundbar from D. In (ARC) to HDMI and audio projects through the soundbar.

This set up worked fine out of the box and for the first month of having the soundbar.  The only hiccup that existed was that the soundbar would not turn on when turning on the TV but that is a known issue when pairing these two specific devices.  I would just turn the soundbar on with the soundbar remote.  Sometimes it would say D. In rather than switching directly to TV ARC in which case, I would have to press the Anynet+ button on the soundbar remote twice (first to turn off Anynet+ and then again to turn it on).

Last night when trying to adjust the volume with the TV remote, a message popped up on the TV that reads, "Anynet+ device is not connected.  Please check connection and retry."  This despite the fact that soundbar LCD display still reads "TV ARC" and sound is projecting through the soundbar.

I checked the TV's Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) settings under the System menu.  Anynet+ on the TV is still turned on.  Auto Turn Off says yes.  Receiver is grayed out and says Off.  I pressed the Anynet+ button on the soundbar remote twice (again, first to turn it off and then to turn it back on).  When I did this, Anynet+ menu on the TV says Receiver On.  However, if I highlight and click on Receiver, the setting just changes to Off and I cannot switch it back to the On setting and I get the same message as above.

Taking things one step further, sometimes I can get to an Anynet+ Device List menu on the TV from which I can refresh the Anynet+ connection, which is either unsuccessful (and results in the same message on the TV) or pulls up an option entitled "Player" which will just switch the input to HDMI 2 if I click on it.

Anyone else have this issue of their Samsung TV 'losing' their Anynet+ soundbar?  If so, how do I get it back?

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page