Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 730 Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdn View Post

Checking back with updates on my anynet-battle, if there's anyone who's interested; if not, nevermind, I'm posting it anyway. smile.gif
After accepting my fate and simply connecting the soundbar to TV with an optical cable (left the HDMI ARC still in though), it's been a week or so I think, I left home last night and pulled plugs off walls since there were warnings of thunderstorms in the area. Plugged them back in today and was shocked in awe when powering my TV on: soundbar turned on through the tv remote and set itself in "TV ARC" -input automatically again.
I also have volume control through the sharp remote, and it powers off with the tv as it used to earlier on.

"drdn" I was not able to get this working following your steps to get the same results you have . Your TV still turn ON and OFF the the sound bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 730 Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM

Hi All.
Just bought an ES8000 55" TV, BD Player and HW-E450 Sound bar.
All Samsung.

TV Comes with a "Universal Remote" that works everything EXCEPT
With Anynet: Turning on the sound bar.
With Optical from TV: Adjusting the Volume.

Samsung support is a waste of time here. ( believe me)

Maybe everyone should call samsung Support and ask how to do this......
Samsung just might bother to fix the issue at that point....
post #93 of 730 Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParCan View Post

Hi All.
Just bought an ES8000 55" TV, BD Player and HW-E450 Sound bar.
All Samsung.
TV Comes with a "Universal Remote" that works everything EXCEPT
With Anynet: Turning on the sound bar.
With Optical from TV: Adjusting the Volume.
Samsung support is a waste of time here. ( believe me)
Maybe everyone should call samsung Support and ask how to do this......
Samsung just might bother to fix the issue at that point....
have you tried hdmi from the soundbar to tv?
post #94 of 730 Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

"drdn" I was not able to get this working following your steps to get the same results you have . Your TV still turn ON and OFF the the sound bar?

Yeah, it does. I'm a bit appalled that it works perfectly together with a Sharp TV but not a Samsung one.

And as to your earlier post, I have anynet+ on the soundbar, also in my TV I have some CEC-settings under Aquos Link -tab. All I did to get it working the day I got it was to enable ARC through forementioned settings and plug the soundbar in.
post #95 of 730 Old 08-31-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Quote:

Yeah, it does. I'm a bit appalled that it works perfectly together with a Sharp TV but not a Samsung one.

The difference is that Sharp apparently implemented the auto-on feature of CEC on their TVs. Samsung chose to not provide that function on their TVs. The TV is the "control" unit of HDMI-CTL, so you get whatever the TV manufacturer deemed important (or not) mad.gif
post #96 of 730 Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Have tried every possible connection.
HDMI seems to work about the best. No matter how you connect the only way to turn it on is via the sound remote.mad.gif
post #97 of 730 Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Samsung has made a huge mistake in no longer allowing their soundbars to be integrated with the Samsung TV remotes and various universal remotes. Does not make it very user friendly nor compatible with Samsung TVs and other products. The previous Samsung C450 soundbar was compatible with all Samsung and most universal remotes, and they should have made the subsequent models the same way. Stupid move Samsung. By contrast, the Panasonic soundbars are very easily integrated with the Panasonic TV remotes.
post #98 of 730 Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 89
DOES THE SAMSUNG E450 SOUNDBAR HAVE A POWERED SUBWOOFER?
post #99 of 730 Old 09-02-2012, 11:20 AM

Hi

The HW-E 450 comes with a 6 Driver Bar and a Sub.
Audio Connections to the Bar are: Optical, stereo Jack and HDMI.
You can also play MP3's from USB and connect Blootooth Audio. I have yet to try these options....

The Sub requires Mains Power, as does the Bar.
The Sub Connects to the Bar wirelessly so all it requires is mains power.

I like the sound that this bar gives, it's not Hi Fi by any means but makes the average TV Speakers look very very silly.
The 3D Sound option sorta gives you some depth to the sound but it's not a replacement for a full 5.1 system.

All in all the only thing that's negative is that you can't turn it on with the TV Remore.

Alex.
post #100 of 730 Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:

And as to your earlier post, I have anynet+ on the soundbar, also in my TV I have some CEC-settings under Aquos Link -tab. All I did to get it working the day I got it was to enable ARC through forementioned settings and plug the soundbar in.

Thanks for the reply. At least now the soundbar auto switch to TV ARC when turn ON using soundbar remote. No luck yet getting it to auto Turn ON when TV turn ON :-(
post #101 of 730 Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

Thanks for the reply. At least now the soundbar auto switch to TV ARC when turn ON using soundbar remote. No luck yet getting it to auto Turn ON when TV turn ON :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

The difference is that Sharp apparently implemented the auto-on feature of CEC on their TVs. Samsung chose to not provide that function on their TVs. The TV is the "control" unit of HDMI-CTL, so you get whatever the TV manufacturer deemed important (or not) mad.gif

That'd be because of what Possumgirl said above, and it's a little confusing to be quite honest. Why not implement it? It's a huge comfort to not turn every device on with it's own remote.
Oh well, hopefully Samsung learns the lesson, apparently they haven't with the 2012 models yet since by the looks of it not a single Samsung TV owner has got it working the way it should.
post #102 of 730 Old 09-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Ok I have a samsung HW-E450 soundbar and a 60" 3d samsung TV with comcast digital cable. I was previously able to control the sound volume of my sound bar with the TV remote as well as my comcast cable remote. However I had to switch some HDMI cables and when I did so the optical audio jack popped out of the TV. I popped it back in and everything works fine, however now when I try to adjust the volume levels, it reverted back to adjusting the TV speakers (not the sound bar). I switched the TV settings back to external for the sound bar, tried enabling anynet+ as well as power sync, and still can't get sound to work. I use the standard digital audio cable from my TV to the sound bar, so it usually says 'direct input' on my soundbar when it is connected. Does anyone know how to sync my other remotes back up with my sound bar, I've tried contacting samsung though they say there remotes use a different frequency and cannot work the sound bar (which is BS because it did work before as I stated)?

update: figured out my own problem, didn't realize there were also HDMIs going from TV to soundbar to blu ray player which is all on anynet+. So got it to work again replacing one of those cables. I did have an HDMI cable giving me issues when using the blu-ray player, so hopefully that was the bad one, it did have a hard bend in it so maybe that was the reason. I had previously just hooked the blu-ray directly to the TV with another cable when it first gave me problems. However annoying thing I am realizing is you cannot have the sound bar automatically turn on with TV AND have the anynet+ (volume control) enabled... kind of stupid huh???
post #103 of 730 Old 09-13-2012, 01:12 PM

1. Does this support 3D video pass-through?
Documentation/Specs I found don't mention this.

The reason why I ask this question is I'm trying to decide what is the best way to connect the following devices to provide me with the Dolby Digital/DTS audio for those devices/codecs that support it as well as 3D for video. On another note given that Dolby Digital and DTS Audio provide 5.1 channel sound and this SoundBar only provides 2.1 channel sound am I really able to take advantage of what Dolby Digital and DTS Audio offer with only a 2.1 channel system?

Samsung Soundbar (HW-E450C) -- referred to as Soundbar below
Samsung TV (UN40ES6580) -- referred to as TV below
Samsung 3D Blu-Ray Player (BD-EM59C) -- reverred to as DVDPlayer below
Comcast HD DVR -- reverred to as CableBox below

I've seen various threads on various sites referencing the following info, but I thought I would put it all in one place and let the experts decide which is best. I also sent this info to Samsung's support and will let you know what they reply. Thanks for your attention to this matter. If I'm missing another scenario please let me know. Please provide your experience with the following connection configurations.

Various connection options:
A) If the SoundBar supports 3D video pass-through then I believe these are my options for best audio and 3D. Is there a preference for one over the other?
1a) Connect HDMI OUT from DVDPlayer to HDMI IN on the Soundbar
1b) Connect HDMI OUT from Soundbar to HDMI IN/ARC on TV
1c) Connect DIGITAL IN from Soundbar to DIGITAL OUT on TV for the purpose of having the Soundbar automatically turn on when the TV is turned on
1d) Connect HDMI OUT from Soundbar to HDMI IN/ARC on TV (AnyNet+) in order to control SoundBar's volume from Logitech Harmony 550 remote

2a) Connect HDMI OUT from DVDPlayer and CableBox to HDMI IN on HDMI Switch (which I don't currently have)
2b) Connect HDMI OUT from HDMI Switch to HDMI IN on Soundbar
2c) Connect DIGITAL IN from Soundbar to DIGITAL OUT on TV for the purpose of having the Soundbar automatically turn on when the TV is turned on
2d) Connect HDMI OUT from Soundbar to HDMI IN/ARC on TV (AnyNet+) in order to control SoundBar's volume from Logitech Harmony 550 remote

b) If the SoundBar does not support 3D video pass-through then I believe the following is my best option for best audio and still allowing for 3D
1a) Connect HDMI OUT from DVDPlayer and CableBox to HDMI IN connections on TV
1b) Connect DIGITAL IN from Soundbar to DIGITAL OUT on TV for the purpose of having the Soundbar automatically turn on when the TV is turned on
1c) Connect HDMI OUT from CablebBox to HDMI IN on TV
1d) Connect HDMI OUT from Soundbar to HDMI IN/ARC on TV (AnyNet+) in order to control SoundBar's volume from Logitech Harmony 550 remote
post #104 of 730 Old 09-14-2012, 10:11 AM

Hi

Firstly, Good luck with getting your sound bar to turn on with the TV !
I do not know which In/Ooutputs your TV has so just giving you some options.

My suggestion is to connect everything you have to the TV ( BD, Cable box etc.)
Look at what is left:
If you have a free HDMI with Audio Pass through, connect that to the Sound Bar.
That way you can use AnyNet+ to adjust the volume and turn the sound bar Off.

If not use the Otical out to the sound bar.
You will however need to use the remote for everything on the sound bar.

OR
Connect the Cable Box to the Sound Bar then sound bar HDMI with Audio Pass through to the TV

Then connect the BD to the TV

No One here has managed to get the Sound Bar to turn on with a Samsung TV. Please ask them about this on their Facebook Page wink.gif

Thanks

Alex.
post #105 of 730 Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 AM

Shock horror - I have the soundbar turning on and off automatically without the soundbar remote!

I had the HDMI cables from BD-E8900 PVR to the UE40ES6710 TV and then to soundbar, so I reconnected them to run from PVR to soundbar and then to TV ie passing through the soundbar to the TV.

Hey presto! Everything goes on and off with the PVR remote and the volume is automatically linked to the PVR volume too. I can do everything with the single PVR remote.

To be fair, this is how it says to connect them in the manual and it's no help to those just trying to get the TV to work with the soundbar without a PVR.

There is another benefit in that the Freeview HD 1080i/p dropouts have ceased because the firmware is fixed for the PVR but not for the TV and the TV is now at the end of the chain.

Anynet is on and this seems to work with both HDMI (DVI) and HDMI (ARC) sockets on the TV.
post #106 of 730 Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 AM

(duplicate post deleted)
post #107 of 730 Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM

New user here!

I'm having an issue connecting the Samsung HW-E450 and this is my last ditch effort before returning it. Phone support has not helped.

My setup:
- Basic cable directly from wall to TV - NO CABLE BOX
- Philips TV 42pfl5332d/37
- 2 HDMI ports on TV, but not ARC supported
- Only other audio output is a single Digital Audio Out port
- No red and white analog audio out ports

My trial and error so far:
1. My first attempt was HDMI. But as I mentioned above, my TV doesn't support HDMI ARC, so this doesn't work.
2. Option 2 was looking to use the Aux port on the soundbar to connect red and white rca jacks to the TV, but the TV doesn't have these audio out ports
3. The soundbar also has an optical in port, but the TV doesn't have optical out
4. My last ditch effort was to buy a "Coaxial to Optical Converter". I connect a digital audio cable to my TV's digital audio out port, plug that into the converter, then connect an optical cable to connect the converter to the soundbar.

Even with option #4, I make the connections, plug in the soundar (as the instruction manual instructs), switch the soundbar to AUX (and every other SAT source), turn down the TV volume...yet NO SOUND.

I've connected my iPhone to the soundbar using bluetooth simply to ensure the soundbar plays sound and it works fine.

But I cannot get it to work with my TV.

Any help is very very very appreciated. Willing to try anything before boxing everything up and returning it to the store.

THANKS!
post #108 of 730 Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM

Hi.

Do you have a Headphone port on yout TV ?
You can connect that to the RCA on the sound bar.
post #109 of 730 Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^

Option #4 should work although you would select DIGITAL as your input mode, not AUX. Are you receiving digital channels with your basic cable connection? The reason I ask is that your SPDIF output apparently only works with digital, not analog. At least that's the way I read what the manual says. I don't have any other ideas on what the problem might be.
post #110 of 730 Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

^^^
Option #4 should work although you would select DIGITAL as your input mode, not AUX. Are you receiving digital channels with your basic cable connection? The reason I ask is that your SPDIF output apparently only works with digital, not analog. At least that's the way I read what the manual says. I don't have any other ideas on what the problem might be.

So option 4 EVENTUALLY worked out. Success.

I switched to the digital sat source on the soundbar and let it sit for maybe 10 sec then it kicked in.

The only lingering issue is on Apple TV, the audio cuts out when I play music from my computer on the TV. But otherwise, no complaints.

Thanks everyone
post #111 of 730 Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian View Post

UPDATE:
The audio dropouts on BBC One HD are caused by dynamic switching between 1080i and 1080p. This is a problem that was seen by many people in 2011 and fixed with firmware updates by Samsung, Sony and maybe others. It seems to have come back! I will report it to Samsung. In the meantime, the fix is to use the Freesat tuner which is only in 1080i. Strangely the dropouts do not occur with the internal TV speakers - only the Soundbar.

Did you ever get anything back from Samsung regarding this? Got the same thing happening myself and it's very annoying frown.gif
post #112 of 730 Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 AM

There's a whole thread on this topic see http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1661074-samsung-tvs-hd-1080i-p-change-causes-audio-glitch-3.html

I haven't got around to raising it again recently but from the other posts, Samsung first line support are still blaming the soundbar when it's very clearly a fault with the digital output of the TV (sigh).
post #113 of 730 Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
has anybody tried this solution:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2FA7K3JLRX8VC/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0076U29LK

in my case the soundbar doesn't power off after 20 minutes and stays on displaying "TV ARC" message with the TV off. not sure how and why it works in the OP's case.
post #114 of 730 Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 AM

New to this forum and not very good with tech stuff, have read all the previous posts and I'm just so confused!! Have just got the hw-e450 sound bar,and currently have ps3+skyhd+ue46d7000. I currently have sky hd into tv with hdmi, ps3 into tv with hdmi( only have 2 hdmi leads at the moment) and digital optical lead running from sound bar straight to tv! Is this a good set up or do I need more hdmi , it sounds good but I'm not sure if I'm missing a trick and can get even better sound??
Please help???
post #115 of 730 Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob100100 View Post

New to this forum and not very good with tech stuff, have read all the previous posts and I'm just so confused!! Have just got the hw-e450 sound bar,and currently have ps3+skyhd+ue46d7000. I currently have sky hd into tv with hdmi, ps3 into tv with hdmi( only have 2 hdmi leads at the moment) and digital optical lead running from sound bar straight to tv! Is this a good set up or do I need more hdmi , it sounds good but I'm not sure if I'm missing a trick and can get even better sound??
Please help???

Try switching your PS3 connection so that you have PS3 going direct to soundbar via HDMI and then connect soundbar to TV via HDMI. See if you notice a different/better sound. Leave the SkyHD as is. If your TV supports ARC you should be able to remove the optical, otherwise leave the optical in place as you have it. The way you have things connected works and if you don't notice a difference by changing the PS3 connection, just stay with what you have.
post #116 of 730 Old 09-30-2012, 06:36 PM

Hi there, also having issues with my soundbar. I have a Samsung TV.

HDMI 1 is cable box
HDMI 2 is soundbar

I can't seem to get audio to come out of the soundbar anymore, I don't think I had this problem when I first hooked everything up. Essentially if I turn Anynet+ On for the soundbar, the soundbar will read TV ARC and I will get sound through the soundbar for approximately 5-10 seconds, then the sound cuts out and I don't get sound anymore. Once I turn Anynet+ Off the TV speakers will start playing the program I'm watching and the soundbar no longer reads TV ARC.

I can't figure out why I'm only getting sound through the soundbar for only 5-10 second spurts, and not full-time. Am I missing something here?
post #117 of 730 Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM

Liked: 11
Does anyone know where the IR window is on this unit? I too have the same problem that the sound bar does not turn on when I turn on my TV which is a UN46ES6100FXZC.

To overcome this I am going to stick an ir emitter to it and then I can use my CommandIR (IR control system) to send it the required power on command. I have looked all over the unit to try and figure out where the IR window (eg. the IR eye, or IR receiver) is so I can stick my emitter to it, but cant find it. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks.
Simon
post #118 of 730 Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 AM

So overall, is this soundbar worth of buying? I have Samsung ES7000 Smart TV and now looking for some compatible sound system.
post #119 of 730 Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM

So do I need 3 hdmi for this suggested set up?? Hdmi from ps3 to sound bar (in) then hdmi from soundbar (out) to tv ARC and sky hd into normal hdmi on tv??And yes this sound bar is worth buying, it is my first one so not got much to compare it too but the sound track on the new tron film is amazing ( blu ray ).

Thanks.
post #120 of 730 Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Update, so I now have hdmi from ps3 to soundbar in, hdmi from soundbar out to tv arc2 and hdmi from sky to tv. When watching sky the sound bar automatically selects tv arc but when the ps3 is switched on I have to select hdmi myself on the sound bar for me to get a picture and sound. Is that correct? Also does anybody know what sound and picture settings I should have on my ps3 to get best results with blurays and huge soundbar??

Thanks again.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page