New user here!
I'm having an issue connecting the Samsung HW-E450 and this is my last ditch effort before returning it. Phone support has not helped.
- Basic cable directly from wall to TV - NO CABLE BOX
- Philips TV 42pfl5332d/37
- 2 HDMI ports on TV, but not ARC supported
- Only other audio output is a single Digital Audio Out port
- No red and white analog audio out ports
My trial and error so far:
1. My first attempt was HDMI. But as I mentioned above, my TV doesn't support HDMI ARC, so this doesn't work.
2. Option 2 was looking to use the Aux port on the soundbar to connect red and white rca jacks to the TV, but the TV doesn't have these audio out ports
3. The soundbar also has an optical in port, but the TV doesn't have optical out
4. My last ditch effort was to buy a "Coaxial to Optical Converter". I connect a digital audio cable to my TV's digital audio out port, plug that into the converter, then connect an optical cable to connect the converter to the soundbar.
Even with option #4, I make the connections, plug in the soundar (as the instruction manual instructs), switch the soundbar to AUX (and every other SAT source), turn down the TV volume...yet NO SOUND.
I've connected my iPhone to the soundbar using bluetooth simply to ensure the soundbar plays sound and it works fine.
But I cannot get it to work with my TV.
Any help is very very very appreciated. Willing to try anything before boxing everything up and returning it to the store.