Soundbar - 3.1 and Wireless Sub in my price range - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I've been going through this sub-forum quite a bit.

I recently got a Panny 55 ST30, like the picture, but as all know the speakers on it are less then stellar, so we've decided on a soundbar (surround would be awkward in the gameroom because of the layout of the walls and for the price not worth it to me).

The requirements I'm looking for would be something that really is a 3.1 (really to get clarity from the center channel).

I would like a wireless sub as I'm hopping to put it in a little spot behind the couch (a tall and thin 8" subwoofer would fit), it it was not wireless it would need to be less than 13" tall and 13" wide, with just bit more flexibility on the depth.

I would like to be in the $300 ish range, if something was head and shoulders above the rest, I would go up to about $400.

After reading through these sub-forum's quite a bit, I was leaning to the JVC BA1 (In no small part due to davyo's favorable reviews), but as it is an older model, it is no longer available to purchase from reputable locations (the only places I found had so-so reviews or few reviews).

The Sony CT150 has a sub that doesn't meet the criteria above. The Vizio's scare me away due to all the LCD failures I've been reading about.

The ZVOX appeals from an aesthecs perspective (Although we are wall mounting the TV, I'm sure my wife would like this look best). But I don't know that I want to sacrifice performance for a sllightly cleaner look.

I know that I would have to test to see what works for my room (and this room is not very good for audio - as one side of the game room has a big opening to the room and an open area looking down on the first floor), but I still want people's opinions.

Sorry for the novel, I would appreciate any and all feedback on what you would recommend based on the requirments mentioned above.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

One tweak, I guess it doesn't have to be a 3.1, I just want to make sure that I can get good clarity in the voices. Also, would be willing to go Used/ Refurb to get something in my price range.

Any thoughts?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

I guess what I'm asking is if something like the Boston Acoustics TVee Model 30 (used) for about $450 would be worth consideration in this range?
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page