Soundbar sub, where to place? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the Samsung HW-E450 sound bar and I wanted to know what is best position for the wireless sub? Should I put it next to tv facing us, or put it behind us? What position gets best sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Considering the output levels of the sub is question, I would condsider corner loading to get the benifit of output that comes with that. Otherwise as close to Lp is going as possible is going to give you the most enjoyable experiance.

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345494
post #3 of 9 Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

What is an LP? Corner load it in front or behind? I really don't understand your answer? Sorry
post #4 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
LP = listening position. To find the best place for your sub, try the "sub crawl". Place the sub at your main listening position, put on some music with lots of bass, crawl around the room to see where the bass sounds loudest. That's where the sub should go. Google sub crawl for more info. Generally speaking, placing a sub in a corner (any corner) gives you more bass.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 AM

Audiophile34 is partly correct. Generally corner loading a sub is ideal, bit from my experience with the hw-e450, it will sound boomy. But you can start by placing it in the corner that's closer to.the sound bar, so you get nice mixing. From there, use the sub crawl, to pinpoint the perfect location. Problem I see with corner loading is the booming effect and the fact the a lot of people have their couch against a wall, which makes it considerably overwhelming.

- "K"
Fry's Electronics A/V
post #6 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Hi there i cant get any sound to come out of the Sub Woofer, can anyone help????
post #7 of 9 Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM

Liked: 11
total noob here.. does it matter which side of the subwoofer faces what? do you want the softer vibrating panel to face the wall/couch? did sub crawl but couldn't tell where the best place for the bass is.. need help please..
post #8 of 9 Old 12-31-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post

total noob here.. does it matter which side of the subwoofer faces what? do you want the softer vibrating panel to face the wall/couch? did sub crawl but couldn't tell where the best place for the bass is.. need help please..

I can't figure this out either. There is the big soft vibrating panel and then there is the narrow front with the speaker. I have no clue which way it is supposed to be facing. I am getting frustrated since I keep googling and can't get anything. 

post #9 of 9 Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Place the side that has the label "Samsung" facing forward. Since the woofer covers a fairly large audio range, the best overall sound will be to place the woofer close to the soundbar and in the same plane if possible.

Corner loading can be correct for some true sub-woofers or certain speakers designed for corner loading, otherwise it has the potential to muddy the sound.

Where you have a woofer that goes up fairly high into the mid-bass range, there can be a sonic disconnect to have it too far away from the soundbar.

David Freeman
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page