Repair manual for Samsung HTWS1 soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning all,

I am writing as a newbie here, so if I'm in the wrong part of the forum, please kindly point me in the right direction.

I need to find out how to remove the back cover of the soundbar in a Samsung HT-WS1 system. One of my kids accidently (sp?) knocked it off its perch the other day and now it will not respond to any commands from the remote, nor from the touch panel on the right front side. It will power on as evidence by the 'night light' in the middle, so I believe the transformer and power supply are okay.

I removed the 12 or so screws from the back side and could see in enough on the back side of the touch panel control to note that a ribbon cable appears to have broken loose from the black connector that slides over the contact pins. I have been unable to remove the back cover, however, as it seems to be binding in the middle of the cover, near the power cord. I'd like to take this cover off so that I can check the ribbon cable further, and either fix or replace it to see if that will restore function.

Can anyone help me with further instructions on how to remove this back panel, or with a repair manual for this item?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you solve how to remove the back cover?

The only info I found online so far is:

Sears Parts Direct (blow up diagram of parts):
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Audio-equipment-Parts/Model-HTWS1RXAA/1482/0311400/50034444/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

User Manual:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/HT-WS1G#content2

I have not been able to figure out how to get the back cover off after removing all of the screws.

Any solutions?

Thanks,
TXcanucks