Triad on-wall mini LCR 3.0 vs Definititive Tech Mythos SSA-50 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Debating between getting a Triad on-wall mini LCR 3.0 with two rear speakers (making it a 5.1 system) vs Definititive Tech Mythos SSA-50 with two rear speakers (making it a 7.1 system, i.e. 5 in the front, 2 in back). The Triad system would cost about a $1000 more. Assuming the price isn't a consideration, is one significantly better than the other?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I haven't heard the Deftech so I can't comment on the sound quality. I think an LCR bar like the Triad with two surround speakers is the way to go. The Triad has the advantage it can be custom sized to match your flat panel and will give greater separation of the front speakers if you have a good size TV.

IMHO, none of the surround bars do as good of a job for surround sound compared to well placed surround speakers. I know DefTech makes a 3.0 soundbar but I have no experience with it.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just heard the Def Tech at my local BB Magnolia. I was very unimpressed with the sound bar. Very poor spacial immersion for the front sound stage. I expected better. It was powered by a Pioneer Elite SC-61. I really wanted a sound bar for LCR but I won't do it from what I heard. the sound was good, just poor separation. I can't imagine other sound bars would perform differently, aside from sound quality.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page