YSP 1100 vs Atlantic Technology FS-7.0 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys and gals, I am planning on getting a sound system for my parents' bedroom and I have come across two pretty good deals for a YSP 1100 for $235 and an Atlantic Technology FS-7.0 w/ SB800 sub for $400. I have a YSP 4000 in the living room and is very very impressive at reflecting sound to create surround sound. My parent's room has a wall of curtain on one side and I am not sure how well the YSP is going to work. I have a 5.1 Kenwood receiver lying around and so I can use that with the FS-7.0. I am hoping to use the FS-7.0 as a LCR and have two surround speakers. In this particular setup, is the performace of a passive soundbar like the FS-7.0 that much better than an active soundbar like the YSP 1100? What would you pick? Or would you pick something newer, like Samsung E450 or Sony HTCT550? Guys and gals, let me know what you think. Thank you. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The Yamaha will have better simulated surround and the Atlantic technology will have better sound quality. If using the AT with surrounds it would be the best option but it is not bad by itself either. The Sony is at a lesser level. Haven't used the Samsung.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page