Samsung HW-E550 2.1 soundbar does not save settings... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-12-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone have this soundbar? I am not sure if this is a design issue or an isolated problem but my Samsung HW-E550 does not save the settings. research has been unsuccessful and samsung has no firmware update for it. Every boot up of the unit defaults to original settings.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about purchasing this soundbar. How well does it sound in the home?
Sorry I don't have an answer for your problem.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
as we all know for the most part anything is a improvement tfrom the integrated speakers of the tv itself. This setup is a welcomed part of my living room system and i am very pleased with it. the bass, at least in the atmosphere that i use it in, is full and transparent. i am using digital optical connected to the audio out of the tv as opposed to the recommened hdmi out from STB to hdmi in of sub and then out of sub hdmi to hdmi source input of tv. The front speakers offer many connection options to fit your needs. i just have mine on the stand that comes with it. it has presets for audio sound eq, 3d sound, auto power off function, and depending on how you set it up, you can access channel and volume on the tv. using hdmi gives you anynet+ so you can operate it through the tv. digital optical does not give you that option.
Note it is wireless audio communication between the sub and the l/r speakers but it also requires, but comes with, a20 gauge speaker wire connection between the left and right speakers. right speaker has a power source and the sub has a power source as well.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #4 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkicevic View Post

Anyone have this soundbar? I am not sure if this is a design issue or an isolated problem but my Samsung HW-E550 does not save the settings. research has been unsuccessful and samsung has no firmware update for it. Every boot up of the unit defaults to original settings.

hi:
please refer to the user manual first,if not find anything for help,do as following:
1.Pressing Subwoofer Reset Key(there is a silk in Back) for several seconds untill the Blue LED Blink.and then release the Key.
2.Pressing Mute KEY in remote for several seconds untill there will display ID SET,
3.And then,waite several seconds,you will see the subwoofer bule LED stop blink.
4.Last ,Press Power KEY to power on,there will be work well.(if step 3 no happen,go to step 4).

if you have more question,please tell me ,i will help you,
[ thanks ]
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
According to other users the E450 has a problem, and I'm curious if the E550 has it as well. On the E450 when you have it connected via hdmi using Arc and you turn the TV on, it does not turn the soundbar on.

Does this properly turn on and off when you turn the tv on and off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page