Sound Bar hook up question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay so I have the YHT-S400 and I am wondering how to hook it up using HDMI, this sound bar and others I have used in the past I can get to work pretty easily by using the optical out on the tv to the optical in on the receiver and then everything I have plugged into my TV I am able to get to play though the soundbar. My question is can I do this using an HDMI cable? On the receivers instructions it says to plug into the HDMI out on the receiver and then to (any?) HDMI in on the TV but I cant get any sound to work. So is this possible? Can I get it to work like the optical where everything I have plugged into my tv will play through the soundbar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by hingerson View Post

My question is can I do this using an HDMI cable? On the receivers instructions it says to plug into the HDMI out on the receiver and then to (any?) HDMI in on the TV but I cant get any sound to work. So is this possible? Can I get it to work like the optical where everything I have plugged into my tv will play through the soundbar?

Both your TV and the AVR/soundbar must support ARC in order for audio to be output over the HDMI connection. You didn't mention whether your TV has ARC, but AFAIK the YHT-S400 does not.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks possumgirl reading through some of your other posts I got it working lol smile.gif
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page