Lifestyle 135 or....... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, before the Bose hate starts raining in I'm looking for some honest advice or alternatives. I've searched these forums and have looked for other options but I can't seem to find a decent alternative. I'm not opposed to piecing together a sound bar unit but I don't know where to start. I need a receiver, 4 HDMI Inputs, 3D Support and subwoofer. I understand the Bose unit is expensive, but it meets all my criteria in a one-stop solution. I've looked at the Bowers and Wilkins Panorama, the Harmon Kardon HB 30 and a few of the Yamaha units but they lack the connectivity I desire. I can buy a HDMI Switch for my TV to hook 4 devices up by then I'm still short on Optical or Coax audio hookups on the sound bar units. Thanks in advance for the help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep saying this, if you find a better performing sound bar than the Bose LS 135 then buy it but you won't. Bose set one hell of a benchmark with their two soundbars.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm a Bose Lifestyle 135 owner and am very satisfied with it. I know the price is crazy, but as you point out, it's a one-stop solution. In my case as all inputs are in use I actually had to use a 3D-ready auto-switching 3-way HDMI connector to connect 2 Blu-ray players to one input (space for one more there if needed) and an audio input selector box to connect my turntable (via pre-amp) and my tape deck to one other input. With the provided iPod/Pad (with adapter)/Phone connector also linked up plus a tentative future Boselink connection to give audio out to my computer, it's a fully-loaded setup and have often wondered how my local power station copes, just kidding.
Very few, if any, soundbars offer all the connectivity that this unit offers.
Note that a firmware update to the unit is required to give it 3D video capability, at least when I got mine I had to do that. It's an easy operation.
The sound is spectacular and you can tailor it to your surroundings using the provided AdaptiQ headphones if you wish.
There's a lot packed into a very compact unit and it doesn't generate a lot of heat I've noticed, which is a good thing.
My only beef with it would be no regular audio-out sockets (other than speakers of course), you have to use Boselink as stated earlier, which means optional extras, but there is a headphone jack on the front of the unit.
By the way it also pulls in FM/AM very well using the provided antennae.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Harman Kardon Sb 30 5 1 Soundbar And Wireless Subwoofer , Bose Lifestyle 135 Series Ii Home Entertainment System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page