help with required cables when hooking up a yamaha subwoofer to the vizio soundbar - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Soundbars > help with required cables when hooking up a yamaha subwoofer to the vizio soundbar

Soundbars

loulou1965's Avatar loulou1965
10:03 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 2
07-26-2012 | Posts: 1
Hello; hoping someone can help;
I am trying to hook up my yamaha subwoofer to my vizio sound bar, not having much luck, to the point of really thinking about returning the sound bar;

I purchased a subwoofer cable, does not fit securley into the sound bar port, was told by vizio to use a single rca cable, but then was told by tech store, that if the subwoofer has 2 ports you use 2 ports,
any help would be great, thanks
drfreeman60's Avatar drfreeman60
02:02 PM Liked: 47
post #2 of 2
07-26-2012 | Posts: 1,805
You don't specify which model soundbar and which model sub-woofer you have, but the following should work for any.

Single RCA male to male cable of the appropriate link. If your cable run requires a length longer than 15', you may want to look for a heavy duty cable.

If your sub-woofer has two RCA inputs and does not have a switch to sum L+R channels you will need a RCA female single input to dual male output.

All available from Radio Shack o any of the on-line cable companies for less than $ 5.00.
Reply Soundbars

Subscribe to this Thread