Harman Kardon SB16 with Directv Remote and/or Sharp Aquos Remote *HELP* - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the H/K SB16 (which comes with no remote), directv remote, sharp aquos remote.

When I program the H/K for volume up/down with the directv remote it only INCREASES volume. If I only program the volume down button it works, but as soon as I program the volume up button BOTH volume up and down on the directv remote only INCREASE volume on the H/K soundbar.

I've tried programming the soundbar to respond to the Sharp remote only but it will not take the volume UP signal, only the volume down.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good universal remote that will control all three of these devices?

Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM

Did you get it to work?? I have the exact same issue and called tech and they were worthless. Please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM

Get a Harmony remote, like the Harmony one or touch. They will replace all of your remotes, and it should make using all of your equipment a heck of a lot easier.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-27-2013, 02:15 PM

"I have the H/K SB16 (which comes with no remote), directv remote, sharp aquos remote.

When I program the H/K for volume up/down with the directv remote it only INCREASES volume. If I only program the volume down button it works, but as soon as I program the volume up button BOTH volume up and down on the directv remote only INCREASE volume on the H/K soundbar.

I've tried programming the soundbar to respond to the Sharp remote only but it will not take the volume UP signal, only the volume down.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good universal remote that will control all three of these devices?

Much appreciated."

I had the same problem but I found an easy fix that worked for me.  I have the Harman Kardon SB16, a Direct TV RC65RX remote control and a Sony television.  So I called Direct TV but they were not aware of the conflict with their remote.  Luckily they took pity on me and shipped me an RC71 remote control at no charge.  (The girl on the phone laughingly called it a Shamu remote because it's half black and half white with rounded edges like the killer whale)  It arrived in just 1 day and solved ALL my problems!  I hope this helps.  I would appreciate knowing if this info helped anyone else as well.  Good Luck.

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Harman Kardon Sb16 Soundbar And Wireless 100 Watt Subwoofer Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page