Help! Samsung HW-E450 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay so i purchased one of these soundbars today and can't get it to connect to my samsung TV. I've tried everything and just dont know what will work. I'm trying to connect with a HDMI cable but when i turn the soundbar on no sound comes out whatsoever. Any suggestions on what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
My suggestion is that you look through the posts in the Samsung HW-E450 thread to see if your issues are addressed there. If you don't find the answer there, then post here with specifics of what and how you're connecting. If you do find the answer, post back and let us know the issue is resolved.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

I've read through that but it doesn't solve my problem. I am connecting using a hdmi cable but could it be to do with ARC. My Samsung TV doesn't have "arc" stated anywhere on the hdmi ports. Could that be a problem?
post #4 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkiskis View Post

I've read through that but it doesn't solve my problem. I am connecting using a hdmi cable but could it be to do with ARC. My Samsung TV doesn't have "arc" stated anywhere on the hdmi ports. Could that be a problem?

If you have any devices connected directly to your TV, or you watch OTA, or you use smartapps, and your TV doesn't have ARC, then you need to connect an optical cable from the TV to the soundbar. I'm sure that's been covered in the thread I referenced.

If you connect something directly to the soundbar via HDMI, then the HDMI connect from soundbar to TV will send the video to your TV.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

I don't use smart apps or have anything connected to my Tv other than this soundbar. I'm not sure what OTA is, but do I need an optical cable? I don't understand, the instructions say that it should work using a HDMI cable but it doesn't.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 94
your television has to support ARC (Audio return Channel) over HDMI to use the soundbar with a single HDMI cable. if your TV does not support ARC (and it sounds like yours doesn't), you'll need to connect an optical cable from the television's digital optical audio out to the soundbar's optical input.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Marantz PM8004, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
lr Panasonic 50" ST60, Sony BDP-S5100, Apple TV
pc Energy CB-5, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
post #7 of 13 Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkiskis View Post

I don't use smart apps or have anything connected to my Tv other than this soundbar. I'm not sure what OTA is, but do I need an optical cable? I don't understand, the instructions say that it should work using a HDMI cable but it doesn't.

OTA=over-the-air meaning you watch TV using an antenna.

What do you have connected to the soundbar? Please describe exactly what is connected, where it's connected, and what steps you take to try and watch/hear it. Are you getting video but no audio? It's difficult to help you with the limited information you've provided.

You shouldn't need optical or ARC if you're not sending audio OUT from the TV.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM

Please help me...

I have samsung Hw-e45o sound bar and Samsung Un46es7100 TV. I have HDMI and optical cable.

I would like to have auto on and off , volume control using the TV remote.

Please tell me how to connect. I tried but I can't auto on the sound bar.

thank you.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Samsung TVs don't support the "auto-on" feature of CEC. Volume control and auto-off should be working for you. There is a long master thread for the HW-E450 soundbar if you want to skim through it to learn more about the soundbar.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM

I don't suppose anyone has found a solution to the bar defaulting to d in when you turn it on? It's just an annoyance to have to switch it to hdmi every time I turn it on. Makes me use yet another remote lol. I've also begun to have an issue where the sub randomly loses its sync. Nothing different seems to be occurring that would trigger it. Just sometimes when I turn the system on it'll give me a message about the sub and I'll have to resync it. Any ideas?
post #11 of 13 Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp22 View Post

I don't suppose anyone has found a solution to the bar defaulting to d in when you turn it on? It's just an annoyance to have to switch it to hdmi every time I turn it on. Makes me use yet another remote lol. I've also begun to have an issue where the sub randomly loses its sync. Nothing different seems to be occurring that would trigger it. Just sometimes when I turn the system on it'll give me a message about the sub and I'll have to resync it. Any ideas?

In the master thread, that has been discussed a lot. What seems to work best is turning on everything except the soundbar, waiting a few seconds, and then turning the soundbar on. I need to use the soundbar remote to turn it on anyway so it's no big deal. If you are able to turn the soundbar on with a different remote, consider yourself lucky.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #12 of 13 Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

In the master thread, that has been discussed a lot. What seems to work best is turning on everything except the soundbar, waiting a few seconds, and then turning the soundbar on. I need to use the soundbar remote to turn it on anyway so it's no big deal. If you are able to turn the soundbar on with a different remote, consider yourself lucky.

Ah my mistake; wasn't paying attention and didn't notice this wasn't the master thread. Yeah my tv remote turns on both tv and sound bar but the bar is always on d in so I have to use the sound bar remote either way so kinda defeats the usefulness of my tv remote working. I've gotten used to it, it's just a minor annoyance. However the sub losing sync is a little more annoying as I have to resync it.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp22 View Post

Ah my mistake; wasn't paying attention and didn't notice this wasn't the master thread. Yeah my tv remote turns on both tv and sound bar but the bar is always on d in so I have to use the sound bar remote either way so kinda defeats the usefulness of my tv remote working. I've gotten used to it, it's just a minor annoyance. However the sub losing sync is a little more annoying as I have to resync it.

I have no idea about the sub. If you have the sub far from the soundbar, maybe try moving it closer. I don't know what the range is but you could be pushing the limit. Mine is about 12-14 feet away behind a couch and I only had to resynch it twice in 2+ months. If that doesn't help, maybe try contacting Samsung.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page