Help with B&W Panorama - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally decided to upgrade to the B&W (loved hearing it at BB), but unsure the best way to connect it. Currently I have my cable going to TIVO premiere and blurays are playing off a playstation 3. These are both connected to the TV which is a Panasonic 60" GT edition. Is it best to connect the optical cable individually from the PS3 and Tivo to the Panorama or can I just connect it to the optical out on the TV without sacrificing anything? Also, would sound be better if I used a dedicated 3D blu ray player or doesn't matter either way if I'm using optical out on the PS3? Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Panny TVs only output 2 ch. stereo. The Panorama can decode DD & DTS so you'll likely get better audio by running optical from each of your devices to the soundbar. Try it both ways and see if you hear a noticeable difference. The audio from your PS3 vs. a blu-ray player should be the same if they are both set up the same way.
ahartig likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Panny TVs only output 2 ch. stereo. The Panorama can decode DD & DTS so you'll likely get better audio by running optical from each of your devices to the soundbar. Try it both ways and see if you hear a noticeable difference. The audio from your PS3 vs. a blu-ray player should be the same if they are both set up the same way.

I have a Samsung Plasma and the optical out in the back only outputs 2 channels. It would be best to direct connect the sources (PS3 and Cable box) to the panorama via optical cable.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Bowers And Wilkins Panorama Integrated A V Sound System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page