Anyone been able to get any sound bar to turn on/off automatically & volume operate with the tv? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I have read, people have been able to get their soundbars to operate the volume with the tv remote OR turn on/off with the tv powers on or off.
If any one has been able to manage all 3, please post your connection method, along with soundbar type

May God Guide and Guard the USA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
I used a Sony CT350 soundbar with two Panny TVs; an S1 and an ST30. Never had any problem with Viera Link and Bravia Sync playing nice together. I had my source devices connected via HDMI to the soundbar and HDMI out from soundbar to TV. The S1 didn't have ARC so I also had optical out from the TV since I watch OTA. The ST30 has ARC so no need for the optical. Any of my remotes that can operate the TV controlled the soundbar volume. One thing of note here is that Panny provides two separate controls within Viera Link; one for auto-off and another for auto-on. That surely is part of the reason it worked so well.

BTW, I ditched the soundbar and set up a 5.1 system. All of the control features work perfectly with my Denon AVR just as they did with the CT350.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 AM

search this site for Yamaha YAS101. Mine can do all that you are looking for.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

I used a Sony CT350 soundbar with two Panny TVs; an S1 and an ST30. Never had any problem with Viera Link and Bravia Sync playing nice together. I had my source devices connected via HDMI to the soundbar and HDMI out from soundbar to TV. The S1 didn't have ARC so I also had optical out from the TV since I watch OTA. The ST30 has ARC so no need for the optical. Any of my remotes that can operate the TV controlled the soundbar volume. One thing of note here is that Panny provides two separate controls within Viera Link; one for auto-off and another for auto-on. That surely is part of the reason it worked so well.
BTW, I ditched the soundbar and set up a 5.1 system. All of the control features work perfectly with my Denon AVR just as they did with the CT350.

i'm have a very similar setup to possumgirl's. sony ct150 hooked up to a panny g20. source devices run to the soundbar via hdmi and then hdmi out from soundbar to tv. i, too, am able to work everything with one remote. i use my verizon fios stb remote 99.9% of the time and it will turn the tv and soundbar on/off in tandem, as well as control the soundbar volume. only time i ever have to mess with a second remote is when i'm using my boxee. smile.gif
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Ht Ct350 Virtual 5 1 Sound Bar , Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black , Sony Ht Ct150 Virtual 5 1 Channel Sound Bar And Subwoofer Set Accessory Kit
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page