Samsung HW-E450 Connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Just purchased this sound bar and need to connect to my Samsung TV . I also have a Panasonic BluRay player and Roku box. All (except the sound bar) are currently connected. How do I go and connect the Sound bar. My TV does not support HDMI (arc) , so I plan to use an optical connection. Would appreciate if I could use I remote for volume and/or have the Soundbar turn on/off when TV is activated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
There is a connection diagram on pg. 14 of your owner's manual that shows how to connect.

Based on reports from other owners in the several threads here about this soundbar, when using the optical connection the bar will turn on/off with the TV, but you can't control volume with the TV remote. If you use HDMI between bar and TV you can control volume, but the bar won't turn on with the TV.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Based on reports from other owners in the several threads here about this soundbar, when using the optical connection the bar will turn on/off with the TV, but you can't control volume with the TV remote. If you use HDMI between bar and TV you can control volume, but the bar won't turn on with the TV.

You are absolutely right. Wasn't able to find this information in any of the Samsung documentation and after two lengthy chats with Samsung technical support I was told to just use a digital optical cable. They were correct, I now have sound coming through my sound bar, but I need to use two remotes. Adding an HDMI cable allows me to control the volume of the sound bar through the TV remote. So my setup is using both cables.

TV is a 46ES 6100 LED TV.

My new tagline "Samsung, the TV I hate to love". TV is great, but the support is crap. My next challenge, getting AllShare to access my music, photos and videos residing on a Windows Server.

Minor edit

After reading another lengthy thread in this forum, you may be able to use just the HDMI cable. I will try this tonight.

Here's the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1397976/samsung-hw-e450-soundbar/30

Things to confirm:
  • Optical audio cable will allow the soundbar to turn on automatically, HDMI does not?
  • HDMI is required to control volume of soundbar from the TV remote. Using ARC.
  • Reports of having to switch input on soundbar from D.In to HDMI manually, every time you turn on the TV?
post #4 of 4 Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM

t
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page