Bowers and Wilkins Panorama successor coming soon! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just found this article posted that states the Panorama II is indeed on it's way from B&W! If the article is true (HDMI switching!!!), I will be selling my Panorama shortly. HDMI switching was about the only thing I wished the original panorama had. Plus the sound is supposed to be better from what the articles states (all new drivers). I don't know the release date for the US yet but hopefully it will come out before the end of the year.

Link:

http://smarthouse.com.au/Home_Cinema/Sound/K9F3U3W7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 62
We'll have to wait and see if it supports any of the HD Codecs that the newer bars are supporting. Looks like a winner if the didn't short change the capabilities.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

post #3 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

We'll have to wait and see if it supports any of the HD Codecs that the newer bars are supporting. Looks like a winner if the didn't short change the capabilities.

I am sure it will but honestly the current Panorama sounds great to me regardless. HDMI switching is a big deal to me along with the new drivers. I found another article a few minutes ago that stated it will still retail for the same price and might be coming out as soon as November in the US. That would be great if true. This would explain why BB and other home theater stores were offering a discount on the current panorama (my friend got almost 20% off with little haggling at a home theater store which is unheard of for B&W products).

I already found a buyer for my panorama so I am going to sell why the price is still high. Hopefully the new one is just as good or better.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I am sure it will but honestly the current Panorama sounds great to me regardless. HDMI switching is a big deal to me along with the new drivers. I found another article a few minutes ago that stated it will still retail for the same price and might be coming out as soon as November in the US. That would be great if true. This would explain why BB and other home theater stores were offering a discount on the current panorama (my friend got almost 20% off with little haggling at a home theater store which is unheard of for B&W products).
I already found a buyer for my panorama so I am going to sell why the price is still high. Hopefully the new one is just as good or better.
I think you made a smart move. Someone as knowledgable as you are about the Panorama will enjoy the new features. The person who bought yours is getting a good deal for a outstanding sound bar. Win, Win, situation for all involved.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

post #5 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's on B&W's site now. Looks like it will be out by the end of October. It will also retail for the same price as the original Panorama. With HDMI now included, I shouldn't have to upgrade for awhile (it will go in the family room where the kids and I do most of our watching/playing games).

Link:

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Theatre_Solutions/Panorama-2/explore.html
mlavin00 likes this.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Bowers And Wilkins Panorama Integrated A V Sound System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page