Samsung HW-E450 SubWoofer question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2012, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Panasonic 50" SMART TC-P50UT50. Great TV. I purchased the Samsung HW-E450 soundbar only because I'm getting older and the sound on TV's anymore just don't do it for me. I have the soundbar connected with a digial optical cable to the TV and the bar works great. I just purchased these devices in July and I can already tell the subwoofer is loosing "umph" - I can hardly hear it which wasn't the case originally. I reset the device with the ID Set, but no change. Selecting different sound effects doesn't make any difference and increasing the S/W level is hardly noticeable. This is still under warranty and I'm tempted to take it back. Has anyone run into this issue yet? Thanks for any response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I would return it and get a Panasonic soundbar, either the HTB20 or the HTB550. These 2 soundbars are very nicely integrated with the TV remote and will power on and off with the TV and control volume. When connected to HDMI ARC input. With the Samsung, you have to use separate remotes. And a cable/sat remote programmed to the Panasonic code will also control both devices very nicely. I like to simplify things and prefer one remote. Samsung soundbars are not programmed to Samsung codes since their C series, and they don't always integrate with other brands thru the CEC HDMI control as you would like. And they don't respond to Samsung universal remote codes either. I don't know why they made these changes since their C series soundbars, as their D and E series are not multifunctional in this regard. Bad move Samsung.

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar