Klipsch HD Theater SB 3 Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.klipsch.com/high-definition-theater-sb-3-soundbar#

Anyone care to take a stab at this new soundbar from Klipsch? Price wise, it's the same as Bose Cinemate GS II and Harmon Kardon SB30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 AM

it looks very interesting. Hopefully Davyo gives it a trial, and review.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 80
It doesn't look like it provides any surround mode.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM

Hi,

My first post here.. I just bought on of these Klipsch SB-3 bars tonight. Im not an audiophile in any sort of way, but if i like the way something sounds, ill usually buy it. After reading here about the Bose 1sr, and listening to the in store demo several times, I had decided that it was time to buy one. This afternoon, I was on my way to a big box store, ready to drop the $1500 for the Bose, then I decided that I would check one more store just to see what they had. I saw the SB-3 displayed with a 70 sharp and asked the salesperson if he would mind getting it spooled up. He brought out the latest Spider man on BD and handed me the remote along with his business card and said, "special Black Friday price all week long, I have one left in stock"... I turned the card over, and he had written $599.00 on the back. I thought to myself....ok...that's a good deal. So....I sat there watching Spider-Man playing over the SB-3, the whole time running the math in my head, this was just too good of a deal to pass up, so after an hour of paying around with it, I told the sales guy "I'll take it."

Now....Im not saying that the SB-3 sounds better than the Bose that I was initially after, but for the price I paid for it, it sounds pretty dam good by comparison and I'm very happy with it. I love Bose products, but in this case, the economics beat out the desire.

Cheers!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentf View Post

Hi,
My first post here.. I just bought on of these Klipsch SB-3 bars tonight. Im not an audiophile in any sort of way, but if i like the way something sounds, ill usually buy it. After reading here about the Bose 1sr, and listening to the in store demo several times, I had decided that it was time to buy one. This afternoon, I was on my way to a big box store, ready to drop the $1500 for the Bose, then I decided that I would check one more store just to see what they had. I saw the SB-3 displayed with a 70 sharp and asked the salesperson if he would mind getting it spooled up. He brought out the latest Spider man on BD and handed me the remote along with his business card and said, "special Black Friday price all week long, I have one left in stock"... I turned the card over, and he had written $599.00 on the back. I thought to myself....ok...that's a good deal. So....I sat there watching Spider-Man playing over the SB-3, the whole time running the math in my head, this was just too good of a deal to pass up, so after an hour of paying around with it, I told the sales guy "I'll take it."
Now....Im not saying that the SB-3 sounds better than the Bose that I was initially after, but for the price I paid for it, it sounds pretty dam good by comparison and I'm very happy with it. I love Bose products, but in this case, the economics beat out the desire.
Cheers!

Congrats on scoring on this great deal smile.gif

How about the sound and bass quality of the SB3?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Harman Kardon Sb 30 5 1 Soundbar And Wireless Subwoofer , Bose Cinemate Gs Series Ii Digital Home Theater Speaker System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page