Switching to 3 channel soundbar from old school Boston separates - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sooo I've had some old school Boston Acoustics VR series speakers for QUITE some time. These date back to 96 or 97 maybe? It's been so long ago I cannot remember.

I currently have Boston VR950 (Towers) left and right, and a Boston VR12 center channel, and Boston VRS surround speakers. Oh and an SVSOUND 10 inch basic sub (about 4 years old) So, a good 5.1 system with a Yamaha RX-V2500 receiver.

I am about to move my TV and home theater to a new room. (172 * 152 inches). This is not a dedicated home theater. I have a young child - and I want to switch to on-wall speakers. I also have a wife who sadly hates spending money... Anyhow I am thinking of a Definitive Tech. Mythos XTR-SSA3. I want to think/believe that moving from 15 year old speakers to this new Def Tech Mythos XTR-SSA3 would be an improvement. Am I going to be disappointed? Am I going to kick myself and wish I bought separates? Is there a decent on wall separate alternative that won't cost over 1K or even better $800 or less? All I need to do for now is replace the front three. I will keep the Boston VRS surrounds for the time being. Thanks for any advice you might have!

* This is written with mostly TV and Bluray movies in mind. I do listen to music every now and then but It's typically from Pandora or an ipod or cd.

Or, should I spend about the same amount of money on something like the Polk Blackstone TL350 ??

Samsung LN46A650 TV, Denon AVR-2113ci, Polk Audio TL350 speakers, SVSOUND PB10 subwoofer

Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page