Netflix has no audio if connected to Polk Audio Sound Bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The audio does not work with my brand new Polk Audio Sound Bar and my brand new Samsung TV. They both have no clue. Any help appreciated. I have the sound bar attached to the Samsung via optical wire. Sound works everywhere else. Just not Netflix. In order to get sound I must turn external speakers off and internal on using Samsung speakers that our built in. Lousy. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I'm assuming you mean the Netflix smart app on the TV? What about the other smart apps? Do you get audio from any of them? Or is the problem isolated to Netflix? Please post the model # of the TV and the soundbar. Also suggest you check the Display sub-forum for your TV model to see if there are any known issues with the Netflix app.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'm having the same issue. I bought a Polk Audio IHT 4000 and it was total crap. Wifi interference etc. but the real killer was no audio on Netflix. I took it back and bought a Klipsch SB 1 and it totally blows the Polk out of the water. Resolved all of my Wifi issues but... I still can get no sound on Netflix. I'm using a newer Samsung smart tv and using the netflix app. I tried a few other apps and they work fine (e.g., youtube). So this seems to be something specific to Netflix. Any ideas????

Healthy skepticism is the best component for your HT
post #4 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Since the problem is with NF, it doesn't seem to be related to the soundbar. I'd suggest two things:
1) Contact Samsung support
2) Go to the Display sub-forum here on AVS and find the thread for your model TV. See if this is a known issue and if there is a fix for it.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My initial guess would be that Netflix is outputting a bitstreamed surround format that your soundbar cannot decode (Dolby Digital maybe?). I know that the Polk 3000 can't decode Dolby Digital but the 6000 can.
Can you force stereo?

Dino
post #6 of 8 Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM

The Netflix signal comes from the internet, not your cable, so you have to find a way to get your modem connected to your sound bar. I had the same problem. My LG tv has a digital optical OUT plug that I connected to my Samsung HW-E550 sound bar optical IN plug and that solved it for me. So my sound path is cable>digital cable box>hdmi to tv>optical cable to soundbar. Hope this helps biggrin.gif
post #7 of 8 Old 04-12-2014, 08:00 PM

I have the same problem with my Polk Audio Sound Bar and my Panasonic t.v.  It stinks that I have to watch Netflix though regular television sound.  I'm still in my free trial month with Netflix.  Something like this may cause me to cancel.  I initiated a live chat with Netflix and they're referring the problem to a "team" that will get back to me ....  Your post doesn't give me any hope!  Goodbye Netflix!!!!

post #8 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by twall222 View Post

I have the same problem with my Polk Audio Sound Bar and my Panasonic t.v.  It stinks that I have to watch Netflix though regular television sound.  I'm still in my free trial month with Netflix.  Something like this may cause me to cancel.  I initiated a live chat with Netflix and they're referring the problem to a "team" that will get back to me ....  Your post doesn't give me any hope!  Goodbye Netflix!!!!

Is the Panasonic a "Smart TV"? How are you accessing Netflix? From an app on the TV or a blu-ray player?? How is the sound bar connected to the TV? We need more information.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Surroundbar Iht 3000 Home Entertainment System Black , Samsung Hw E550 2 1 Channel 310 Watt Sound Bar
Gear in this thread - E550 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page