Polk SurroundBar won't learn Vizio remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up a SurroundBar 6000 and I'm having a hard time getting it to learn my remote. I have a Vizio XVT423SV that has a bluetooth remote (VUR10). I have tried multiple times to train the Polk by putting the VUR10 in IR mode, and I've tried the other 2 Vizio IR remotes from my other Vizio TVs in the house. I see the power LED blink each time I press the respective button on the remote I'm trying to get it to learn, but no matter what I have tried it won't learn the remotes.

The TV has an option to control the audio externally, which programs discrete codes into the VUR10 remote based on the make of your receiver/soundbar (which it sends using IR). Unfortunately the codes for Polk Audio don't work, and you can't manually enter codes.

I contacted Polk and Vizio about this. Vizio tells me the remote codes for the Polk SurroundBars will be pushed out in a later firmware release. Polk basically told me how to train the soundbar, and then suggested I get a Logitech Harmony.

Has anyone successfully gotten a Polk SurroundBar to learn a Vizio remote? Is there some trick to it?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apparently I wasn't holding the "Learn" button on the soundbar down long enough, even though the power LED would turn red and flash when I was first trying it. I was able to get the TV setup so it thinks audio is controlled by an external source (so the volume pop-up doesn't display). Basically I used a Vizio IR remote to train the Polk bar for each separate function (volume up, down, etc.). Then I told the TV I had a Vizio soundbar. The only thing this doesn't do is power on/off the soundbar since the TV remote is bluetooth and doesn't send IR for power on/off. Still, it is a lot easier to grab one remote while watching something and needing to adjust the volume.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Polk Audio Surroundbar Iht 6000 Instant Home Theater Black , Vizio Xvt423sv 42 Inch Full Hd 1080p Led Lcd Hdtv With Via Internet Application Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page