Soundbar with bluetooth instead of sonos? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As the headline indicates - is there really any benefit of buying a sonos, when you can get a soundbar with bluetooth which can both stream music from your ipad, and deliver surround sound from your tv/blue ray? Not knocking sonos, just trying to minimize the amount of units.

I did try the search function, but did not manage to find any views on this particular topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Which Sonos are you considering? I find the flexibility with the Sonos amps and the ability to manipulate so many music sources in one interface incredibly convenient. The sound streaming over bluetooth will likely be inferior. Finally the multiroom options and expandability of Sonos is great...they are like potato chips...one sonos is never enough.

My two cents...I would never be without my sonos boxes and I have bluetooth options in my house I never even consider utilizing.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Liked: 12
They are totally different systems. Bluetooth is mainly the wireless connection between the audio device (i.e. player) and the speaker(s) while the Sonos is the platform that delivers the audio in the home.

From the functionality perspective, the later has the better remote control (e.g. complete UI rather than just stop, play, FF, RW), better connection (IP-based in either wire or wireless. can be between rooms), better performance (e.g. no extra compression/decompression involved. Sync playback between multiple clients).
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page