Finally got a SoundBar now I'm wandering if I want to return.. *come inside* :) Sony vs Vizio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I finally sold my PS3 and got a Sony CT550W. I read a lot of negative reviews about muddy sound etc so instead of enjoying I was listening for that muddy sound. I like the design of the system and coming from using tiny speakers for 3 years this is def a upgrade. Plus, I only paid $203 for the system from Amazon. It was always going to a be a Sony SoundBar or the Vizio VHT510.

Well after reading countless threads on soundbars and pcm and LPCM (whatever) rolleyes.gif I found out I had the system plugged in incorrectly. I have a xbox (non hdmi) hooked up to my Sharp 52 LCD. I had the optical plugged into the Sony head unit while the component sound was still plugged into TV and I though the sound was ok. I found out that I had not changed the input to accept the optical sound of the xbox and when I did WHOA! Sounds even more amazing. I am still dialing in the system. I use OTA Antenna however so The antenna plugs into the coaxial.

Now with the awesome sound, I think I want to go ahead and have rear sound as well so Im thinking of sending this back and just getting the Vizio 510 with the rears.

Any suggestions or theories

any other settings I maybe missing or that I can change with this system to test out? I am still looking for a DTSHD or Dolby TrueHD sound file to use on the system but havent found one yet.

I need it to be a MP4 Format since mkv/ etc wont work on the 360 and I dont have a HTPC hooked up to it
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page